|Bonang Matheba Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||June 25, 1987|
Bonang Matheba is an award-winning South African TV presenter, radio personality, model, author, and entrepreneur. She has more than 2 million followers on Facebook and more than 4 million followers on Instagram and Twitter.
Bonang Dorothy Matheba
Queen B, Adebimpe, Mafanda (Given by her mother)
Mahikeng, North West, South Africa
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Bonang attended Fourways High School in Johannesburg.
She went to the University of Johannesburg to study Marketing but dropped out to focus on her television career.
Television Presenter, Radio Personality, Actress, Model, Producer, Author
- Father – Gampi Matheba (Senior Lecturer at North-West University)
- Mother – Charlotte Mokoena (Executive Vice-President for Human Resource and Corporate Affairs at Sasol Limited)
- Others – Reabetswe Sechoaro (Younger Half-Sister) (Model, Beauty Pageant Winner), Thabo Mokoena (Younger Half-Brother)
Bonang is represented by Celebrity Services Africa located in Cape Town.
5 ft 3 in or 160 cm
56 kg or 123.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Bonang has dated –
- Slikour (2007-2008)
- Da L.E.S
- Siphiwe Tshabalala
- Euphonik (2009-2012)
- AKA (2015-2017) – Rapper AKA hooked up with Bonang when his girlfriend DJ Zinhle was pregnant with his child. Nevertheless, their relationship lasted from 2015 to 2017.
- Itumeleng Khune (2014)
- Fatmir Hysenbelliu (2018-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Setswana descent.
Bonang has endorsed –
- Ipanema Footwear
- Brutal Fruit
- Cîroc Vodka
- Intec College
- BIC Razors
- Lifestyle Pads
Bonang Matheba Favorite Things
- Designers – Taibo Bacar, Gert-Johan Coetzee, Toju Foyeh
- Sound – Children laughing
- Items – Revlon Colourburst Matte Balms, Givenchy Antigona tote bag, Prada sunglasses, Her trophies, Tom Ford knee-high boots, Leopard print chemise from her ‘Bonang For Distraction’ lingerie collection
- Color – Green
- Icon – Beyoncé
- Holiday Destinations – London, Paris
- Spots In Johannesburg – Kong Restaurant, Circle Bar, The Michelangelo Towers, Sandton City Shopping Mall
Source – YouTube, SowetanLive.co.za, Bona.co.za, YouTube, YouTube
Bonang Matheba Facts
- She launched her online reality show called B*Dazzled in 2011, making her the first South African celebrity to do so.
- In 2013, Bonang became the first global ambassador to represent the cosmetic giants Revlon outside of the United States.
- She partnered with the retail brand Woolworths to launch her signature lingerie line called Distraction by Bonang in 2014.
- She launched a collection of t-shirts under the name Bonang by Bonang Matheba in 2018. The fan-favorite t-shirts had her popular quotes like ‘#IAmBonang’, ‘Mo’ghel’, ‘Give The People What They Want’, etc. printed on them.
- Matheba launched The House of BNG, a range of luxury sparkling wine (known as Méthode Cap Classique in South Africa), in 2019.
- Her 2017 memoir From A to B was widely panned by critics for containing numerous factual and grammatical mistakes. After the book was taken out of circulation, a revised 2nd edition was released.
Featured Image by Bonang Matheba / Instagram