|Branislav Ivanovic Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||February 22, 1984|
Branislav Ivanovic is a versatile defender of Serbian nationality. He has played for many notable football clubs including FK Srem, OFK Beograd, Lokomotiv Moscow, Chelsea, and Zenit Saint Petersburg. He has also been a part of many honors like the Russian Cup, Premier League titles, FA Cups, League Cup, the UEFA Champions League, and the UEFA Europa League. During his time as a defender for Chelsea, Branislav was twice named the “PFA Team of the Year”. At the 2018 FIFA World Cup, with 105 matches, he became the most capped player of the Serbian national team.
Sremska Mitrovica, SFR Yugoslavia
Sremska Mitrovica, Serbia
- Father – Rade Ivanovic (Played for FK Srem as a Derender)
- Mother – Slavica Ivanović
- Others – Đorđe Milovanović (Maternal Uncle) (Late Footballer who played for Red Star Belgrade), Dejan Milovanović (Maternal Cousin) (Professional Footballer)
Branislav Ivanovic is managed by Star Management Signings LTD, London, United Kingdom.
6 – Zenit Saint Petersburg
6 – Serbian Men’s National Football Team
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
84 kg or 185 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Branislav Ivanovic has dated –
- Nataša Ivanović – Branislav was in a relationship with Nataša, who happened to be his neighbor in Sremska Mitrovica, for a while. The couple tied the knot on January 12, 2008. They are blessed with 4 children – sons Stefan Ivanovic and Dusan Ivanovic and twin daughters Andreja Ivanovic and Ana Ivanovic.
Race / Ethnicity
- Rounded chin
- Thinning of hair on the forehead
Branislav Ivanovic has represented Topps Match Attax as its brand ambassador at events organized by the company.
He is a member of the Serbian Orthodox Church in London.
Best Known For
His skills as a defender and playing for various notables football clubs like OFK Beograd (2003-2006), Lokomotiv Moscow (2006-2007), Chelsea (2008-2017), and Zenit Saint Petersburg; as well as for the Serbian national team
First Soccer Match
- In 2002, he made his professional debut with local team FK Srem.
- Branislav made his under-21 debut with Serbia and Montenegro against Macedonia on December 15, 2003, in Ohrid, where they won 4–1.
- He made his International debut at the UEFA Intertoto Cup for OFK Beograd on July 4, 2004, where their team won 3-1 against Dinaburg Daugavpils.
- He made his senior international debut with Serbia and Montenegro on June 8, 2005, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, where his team drew 1-1 with Italy.
First TV Show
In 2010, he made his first TV show appearance as ‘Himself’ on the sports series FIFA World Cup South Africa.
Other than the broadcast of his football matches, he made his TV show debut as ‘Himself’ on Match of the Day 2 in 2012.
Branislav Ivanovic mostly trains on the field with the team and does not feel the need to work out in the gym. He mixes his drill practices and works on a specific group of muscles one at a time by following normal and simple exercises. At the training, he practices shooting a lot to ensure a perfect finish. To maintain his physical strength and endurance level at all time, he trains during pre-season while leaving enough time to recuperate and rest.
Branislav Ivanovic Facts
- He played football from a young age for several teams in his home town Sremska Mitrovica.
- He played as striker till the age of 15 years.
- Branislav shares great friendship with tennis player Novak Djokovic.
- At the 2018 FIFA World Cup, with 105 matches, he became the most capped player of the Serbian national team.
- He feels the toughest attacker that he’s played against is Wayne Rooney.
- On April 21, 2013, Branislav became a subject of oral assault to Liverpool striker’s Luis Suárez during their Premier League fixture, resulting in a ten-match ban for Luis Suárez.
- He was a part of the national team that played its first international tournament as an independent country at the FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa.
- In 2012, he was appointed captain of the national team up until the FIFA World Cup 2018.
Featured Image by Vyacheslav Yevdokimov / fc-zenit.ru / CC BY-SA 3.0