|Brian Johnson Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 5, 1947|
Brian Johnson is an English singer and songwriter who is best known for being the lead singer of the Australian rock band AC/DC. Brian became the band’s 3rd lead singer in 1980 after the death of Bon Scott. With the band, he has being a part of albums like Back in Black, For Those About to Rock We Salute You, Stiff Upper Lip, Blow Up Your Video, Black Ice, Flick of the Switch, Power Up, Fly on the Wall, The Razors Edge, and Ballbreaker. Moreover, Brian Johnson has also co-founded the British rock band, Geordie, with which he released albums such as Hope You Like It, No Good Woman, Save the World, and Don’t Be Fooled by the Name.
Brian Francis Johnson
Dunston, County Durham, England, United Kingdom
Sarasota, Florida, United States
- Father – Alan Johnson (Coal miner and sergeant major in the British Army’s Durham Light Infantry who died in 1996)
- Mother – Esther (née De Luca)
- Siblings – He has 3 younger siblings.
Hard Rock, Rock and Roll, Blues Rock, Glam Rock, Heavy Metal
EMI, Epic, Atlantic
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
66 kg or 145.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brian Johnson has dated –
- Carol Johnson – He got married to his first wife Carol in the year 1968 and they were blessed with 2 daughters, namely, Joanne (b. 1968), and Kala (b. 1973). However, the duo divorced during the writing of The Razors Edge album.
- Brenda Johnson – Brian then married his 2nd wife Brenda.
Race / Ethnicity
Brian Johnson is of English descent on his father’s side and has Italian roots on his maternal side.
- Flat Cap pulled down to his eyes
- Short stature
- Geordie accent
Brian Johnson Facts
- While growing up, he performed in various shows with the Scouts, appeared in a play that aired on television, and joined a local church choir.
- Brian Johnson has been a supporter of Newcastle United FC and was asked to invest in the club in the early 1980s after being invited to meet the board by club legend Jackie Milburn.
- In 2000, his autobiography titled Rockers and Rollers was published.
- Along with other AC/DC members, Brian Johnson was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2003.
- He is a car and racing enthusiast.
- He has served in the Territorial Army with the Parachute Regiment.
- Brian Johnson was diagnosed with Barrett syndrome in September 2009 which led to AC/DC canceling several shows on their 2010 tour in support of Black Ice.
- He received proper treatment for Barrett syndrome and doctors were able to prevent the disease from developing into cancer.
- In recognition of his significant contribution to the music industry, Brian Johnson received an honorary degree of Doctor of Music from Northumbria University on July 9, 2014.
- He became a supporter of the Yorkshire Dementia Charity in October 2014.
Featured Image by Jaguar MENA / Flickr / CC BY 2.0