Evan Brooks Laich
Wawota, Saskatchewan, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
Professional Ice Hockey Player
- Father – Harold Laich (High School Teacher and Principal)
- Mother – Jane Laich
- Siblings – Jordan Laich (Younger Brother), Jodi Laich (Older Sister)
Brooks Laich is represented by Roland Thompson.
- 23 (Toronto Maple Leaves)
- 21 (Washington Capitals)
- 25 (Los Angeles Kings)
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
90 kg or 198 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Brooks Laich has dated –
- Amanda Hudson (2010-2012) – According to reports, Brooks started going out with a woman named Amanda Hudson in 2010. Not much is known about her and they made rare appearances at the public events during the course of their relationship. One of such few appearances was at The Caps Better Halves fundraiser event held in October 2011.
- Lauren Grebinski (2012-2013) – Shortly after his breakup with Amanda, Brooks was linked with another mystery woman, whose only name Lauren Grebinski has been known. They dated for about a year before going separate ways towards the end of 2013.
- Julianne Hough (2013-Present) – In the last months of 2013, Brooks broke his habit of only dating women who aren’t publicly known as he started going out with actress and dancer, Julianne Hough. For their first official date, they went to Disneyland. After having dated for about a year and a half, they got engaged in August 2015. They made their relationship public via an Instagram update. They eventually got married in July 2017 in a lavish and romantic wedding ceremony held by the lakeside near Coeur d’Alene in Idaho.
Race / Ethnicity
- Strong jawline
- Prominent and elongated chin
Brooks Laich has appeared in a TV commercial for Latisys and The Sports Junkies. He has also been featured in a TV advertisement for Verizon Wireless.
Best Known For
- His successful career as a professional ice hockey player. He has turned out for some of the prestigious franchises including Ottawa Senators and Toronto Maple Leaves.
- His high-profile relationship with actress and dancer Julianne Hough.
First NHL Match
In February 2003, he made his professional NHL debut while playing for Binghamton Senators against New Jersey Devils.
First TV Show
In 2011, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show, The Marilyn Denis Show.
Brooks Laich regularly hits the Brick gym in Los Angeles to keep himself in peak physical condition. Brick is well known for their effective CrossFit workouts and it has certainly helped Laich in improving his strength and mobility.
He typically starts his workout by rolling his feet on the lacrosse ball, which apart from warming his muscles also tells him about any muscular problems. His workouts have a healthy mixture of big lifts, bodyweight exercises, and specially designed exercises aimed to enhance his functional strength and fitness.
Brooks Laich Favorite Things
- Childhood Player – Joe Sakic
- IHL Team – Toronto Maple Leafs
Source – Wikipedia
Brooks Laich Facts
- In his free time, he loves to indulge in a game of golf. He also likes to play guitar in his free time.
- While he was turning out for junior hockey league, he participated in a fundraiser campaign for the installation of Zamboni (Ice-resurfacer) in the local area located in his hometown of Wawota.
- He has done charity work for a number of charities for multiple sclerosis.
- Laich has done activism work for the non-profit organization, Athletes Against Autism.
- During the 2010 playoffs, he received widespread positive coverage for having helped two Washington Capitals fans (he was playing for them at that time) change their flat tire.
- In June 2011, he inked a lucrative contract extension with Washington Capitals, which was worth $27 million and had 6 years contract length. As part of the contract terms, he was guaranteed to earn $4.5 million per year.
Featured Image by Sarah Connors / Flickr / CC BY-2.0