|Camille Cottin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||December 1, 1978|
Camille Cottin is a French actress and comedian who burst into the limelight after playing unstable La Connasse in the TV series Connasse (2013-2015) and in the hidden-camera comedy film based on the series The Parisian Bitch, Princess of Hearts (2015), that earned her noteworthy mainstream success in France. Cottin made her English-language debut in the thriller movie Allied (2016) and went on to appear in several British television shows as well, including the spy thriller Killing Eve (2020).
She studied English and American Literature in Paris at the Sorbonne. Although she had wanted to go to drama school, her parents had known that she should have a useful degree, too.
- Father – Gilles Cottin (Artist)
- Others – Paul Cottin (Great-Grandfather) (Historian)
She has been represented by Adéquat.
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
55 kg or 121 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
She has dated –
- In 2005, she tied the knot with an architect. They have a son named Léon (b. 2009) and a daughter named Anna (b. August 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
She is of French descent.
She often tends to dye her hair in different shades.
- Defined jawline
- Sharp nose
She has appeared in the commercials for many brands like SoftBank. She has also endorsed or promoted several brands such as Dior.
Camille Cottin Favorite Things
- Scene To Shoot – The one at the end of season 1 of the television show Call My Agent! where her character Andréa Martel had got dumped and was walking dejectedly along the famous Pont des Arts bridge as Camille had loved how Paris had been treated realistically as has always been done by true Parisians
Source – CN Traveler
Camille Cottin Facts
- She was raised in Paris and London. At the age of 12, she had relocated to London with her mother, little sister, and stepfather. Camille spent her teenage years there and went back to Paris when she was 17 years old, in order to study. She had then worked as a high school English teacher in France, during which, she had simultaneously taken classes at a theatre as well as a dramatic art school, and then with the company named Théâtre du Voyageur.
- It was in 2013 that the edgy hidden-camera prank program Connasse brought her to the attention of her nation. Cottin used to film 90-second comedy sketches of herself behaving inappropriately with the public, that were broadcast twice a week on Canal+. Connasse was the ideal format for sharing on social media and the episodes kept going viral that led to Cottin becoming a household name in no time.
- Camille has recollected a catch she had experienced with Connasse. Her performance on it would feel so real to audiences that there would arise confusion regarding her real and dramatic personas, and people began to get suspicious and cautious of her. The filming used to be done with concealed cameras and people did not understand that she was merely acting. Camille had been surprised to notice that even in the TV and film industry, people took her to be the senseless evil woman and Camille had started to feel as if she was the only person who knew that she was only a professional actor playing the part of a clown.
Featured Image by Camille Cottin / Instagram