Jess, The Silver Fox
Penrith, New South Wales, Australia
Jessica Fox went to Blaxland High School and after the completion of her school education got admitted at The University of Sydney. She was enrolled in their elite athlete program and is known to have been working on a degree in media/communications.
She has also taken admission in an online program at the Swinburne Online University for a Bachelor’s degree in Social Science (Psychology).
- Father – Richard Fox (British slalom canoeist, Second Vice President of the International Canoe Federation, and Australian Canoeing’s current high-performance manager)
- Mother – Myriam Fox-Jerusalmi (French slalom canoeist) (Won three consecutive World Cup Titles between 1989 and 1991)
- Siblings – Noemie Fox (Younger Sister) (Australian slalom canoeist)
- Others – Roger Fox (Paternal Grandfather) (Co-founder of the St Albans and District Canoe Club and an official with the British Canoe Union)
Jessica Fox is represented by Eighth Avenue Marketing.
5 ft 5¼ in or 166 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Jessica has been focused on her sports career and is reluctant to speak about her private life in media, which makes it difficult to ascertain anything about her love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
On her father’s side, she has British ancestry. While, on her mother’s side, she is of French descent.
36-32-36 in or 91-81-91
8 (US) or 40 (EU) or 12 (UK)
Jessica Fox hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand. However, in the events, she is sponsored by Red Bull.
Best Known For
- Her success as a slalom canoeist. She has won bronze and silver Olympic medals along with multiple Canoe Slalom World Championships.
- Having represented Penrith Valley Canoe Club in the club competitions.
First Canoe Competition
In 2005, Jessica started her career as slalom canoeist participating in the events held on the Nepean River.
Jessica hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till 2017.
First TV Show
Jessica has appeared in the Australian version of Hell’s Kitchen in 2017 as one of the contestants. However, she got eliminated in the 4th week.
To make sure that she is in the best shape for her competitions, she schedules five water sessions a week. Four of these sessions are focused on drill and techniques. And, the last session is solely focused on building her overall endurance by doing laps of the watercourse.
As strength and conditioning are an integral part of the sport, she works in the gym two to three times a week. The focus of her gym workout is to build explosive and enduring strength without compromising on flexibility.
To enhance the elasticity of her muscles, she relies on yoga. In fact, she has made it a point to follow up every workout session with yoga. A break in this routine leads to her muscles tightening up quickly and the start of DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness). Also, she never neglects her lower body as it is essential in generating force behind the paddle strokes. And, for her lower body strength, she relies on performing a lot of squats.
When it comes to her diet, she doesn’t have a fixed nutritional plan. But she makes sure that she is eating healthy with a focus on veggies and fruits. While on the road, Jessica relies on snacking to take care of hunger pangs and always carries some almonds and dry fruits with her.
Jessica Fox Favorite Things
- Summer Fruit – Mango
Source – Vogue
Jessica Fox Facts
- She has a scholarship at the New South Wales Institute of Sport and the Australian Institute of Sport. She is also affiliated with these two organizations.
- At the 2012 London Olympics, she defeated 44-year-old Czech paddler Štěpánka Hilgertová. This victory served as a sweet revenge for the eighteen-year-old Fox as her rival had defeated her mother at the Atlanta Olympic Games in 1996 and relegated her to a silver medal finish.
- For her achievements in her sport, she was selected as the ambassador for the Premier’s Sporting Challenge.
- She completed her HSC year in the first place in New South Wales in the PDHPE in 2011. Her ATAR score was 99.1.
- In 2012, she suffered a back injury, which severely impacted her performances that year.
- Visit her official website @ jessicafox.mli.st.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Agência Brasil Fotografias / Flickr / CC BY 2.0