Cecily Legler Strong
Springfield, Illinois, United States
New York City, New York, United States
Cecily Strong studied at the Oak Park School and River Forest High School. Later, she took a transfer to the Chicago Academy for the Arts and graduated in 2002.
She joined California Institute of the Arts (CalArts), to pursue her interest in acting and graduated with Bachelors in Fine Arts in Theatre in 2006. Cecily then returned to Chicago, where she studied at the Second City Conservatory and joined the iO Chicago, an improv comedy theater and training center.
Actress, Voice Actress, Comedian
- Father – William Strong (Worked as associated Press Bureau Chief at the Illinois Statehouse)
- Mother – Penelope Strong
- Siblings – Unknown
- Others – Cecil Hubbard Strong (Paternal Grandfather), Marian Campbell (Paternal Grandmother), Ross Mills Legler (Maternal Grandfather), Janet Saunders (Maternal Grandmother)
Cecily Strong is managed by –
- Adam Ginivisian, Talent Agent, ICM Partners, Los Angeles, California, United States.
- Tim Sarkes, Manager, Brillstein Entertainment Partners, Beverly Hills, California, United States.
- ICM Partners, Talent Agent Commercial, Los Angeles, California, United States.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
59 kg or 130 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Cecily Strong has dated –
- Mike O’Brien (2013–Present) – Cecily started dating actor Mike O’Brien in 2013. They have been pretty secretive about their relationship and neither of them has openly posted pictures of themselves on the social media sites. Cecily admitted that it may not have been the wisest decision to date a co-worker, but the couple seemed happy with each other.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, German, Scottish, Swiss-German, and Italian ancestry.
- Dimpled smile
- Quirky nature
- Expressive eyes
Cecily Strong has been featured in the commercials for the following brands –
- Old Navy
- SNL Jeep
Her religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being a regular member of The Second City and iO Chicago.
- Making an appearance at the Chicago Sketch Fest, Chicago Just for Laughs, New York Sketchfest, Edinburgh Fringe Festival, Goodman Theater, Bailiwick Theater, Mercury Theater, and Virgin Daiquiri with an all-female improv troupe.
- Co-anchoring the Weekend Update segment on the Saturday Night Live show with Seth Meyers, and then with Colin Jost.
- Making creative celebrity impressions on Saturday Night Live. She has some of the amazing, crazy, youthful and awfully unstable recurring characters in the show.
- Being featured as the entertainer of the White House Correspondents’ Association dinner in 2015.
- Being the celebrity correspondent in the climate change documentary show Years of Living Dangerously.
Cecily first acted in the sports comedy-drama film The Bronze as Janice Townsend in 2015. But, this theatrical film was released in March 2016 in the U.S.
Her first theatrical released film was Slow Learners which was released in August 2015 in the U.S.
First TV Show
In 2012, she made her first TV show appearance on Saturday Night Live.
Cecily Strong jokingly admitted that she hates exercise and the culture that involves it. But, she has also admitted that exercise makes her feel confident. She tries to work out regularly in the gym to stay in shape.
As for her diet, she prefers to get her dose of sugar in the morning to combat her hypoglycemia. She prefers to indulge in protein, half a banana and frozen strawberries, water and a scoop of almond butter. She tries to maintain a healthy diet and keeps away from snacking as much as possible.
Cecily Strong Favorite Things
- Hosts – Kristen Wiig, Tina Fey, and Melissa McCarthy
- Go-To Drink – Skinny spicy Margarita
- Nostalgic Childhood Dish – Cavatelli and vodka sauce at La Bella Pasteria in Oak Park, Illinois.
Source – Cosmopolitan, People, Bonappetit
Cecily Strong Facts
- Her parents are divorced.
- Cecily’s first job was selling wine at Greenblatt’s Deli-Restaurant & Fine Wine Shop in Los Angeles.
- Her celebrity spirit animal is Amy Sedaris.
- Her Chemistry teacher was the toughest teacher to deal with during her high school.
- The must-have fashion accessory she swears by is the false eyelashes.
- She does not like beetroots.
- If she could be reincarnated as a food item, it would be a French tart.
- As a kid, she used to own a German shepherd-collie mix named Emma.
- Follow her on Facebook and Instagram.
Featured Image by Cecily Strong / Instagram