Melissa Ann McCarthy
Plainfield, Illinois, U.S.
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
Melissa graduated from St. Francis Academy (now Joliet Catholic Academy) in Joliet, Illinois.
Actress, comedian, writer, film producer
- Father – Michael McCarthy
- Mother – Sandra McCarthy
- Siblings – Margie McCarthy (Sister)
- Others – Jenny McCarthy (Cousin) (Actress, model), Joanne McCarthy (Cousin) (Former professional basketball player), Lynette McCarthy (Cousin), Amy McCarthy (Cousin)
5 ft 2 in or 157 cm
94 kg or 207 pounds
Melissa started dating actor and alumnus of The Groundlings Ben Falcone in 2003. The couple married on October 8, 2005. They have two children together (both daughters) – Vivian (born – May 5, 2007), and Georgette (born – March 22, 2010).
Race / Ethnicity
She has Irish ancestry.
She often does physical comedy
43-38-45 in or 109-96.5-114 cm
She appeared in the Old Navy commercial in November 2013.
She has also appeared in television commercial for Washington Mutual in 2005.
Best Known For
Playing Sookie St. James in the comedy-drama series Gilmore Girls from 2000 to 2007, and as Megan in the 2011 romantic comedy film Bridesmaids.
Melissa appeared in the 1998 short film God for her role as Margaret.
First TV Show
In 1997, she played Melissa (opposite her cousin Jenny McCarthy) in the NBC’s sitcom Jenny in an episode #1.5.
Melissa McCarthy eats this 3-step vegetable soup as a healthy snack.
- It can be made via fresh vegetables and even the frozen ones.
- She adds brown rice, Parmesan cheese, broccoli, succotash (1 bag), chicken stock (2 quarts) in her healthy soup.
- It takes total 40 minutes to cook (including 15 minutes simmer cooking time). Melissa boils all the veggies by putting it in a pot and finally seasons it with garlic, pepper, salt, etc.
She dropped 45 pounds in the past, which she revealed in November 2014.
Melissa McCarthy Favorite Things
Melissa McCarthy Facts
- For 2012 Oscars, most of the high level designers turned down Melissa’s offer for making her an Oscar dress.
- In November 2014, it was revealed that she lost considerable amount of weight from 265 pounds to 220 pounds.
- McCarthy is close friends with Octavia Spencer and Christina Applegate, co-star from Samantha Who? TV series.
- Melissa grew up on a farm in a big Irish family.
- McCarthy is an alumnus of The Groundlings, Los Angeles based improvisational and sketch comedy troupe. She was a member there for about 10 years.
- She likes to play tennis.
- McCarthy was the screenwriter, executive producer, and lead actor (played the title role) in the 2014 film Tammy.
- Follow Melissa on Twitter.