|Charisma Carpenter Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7 in|
|Date of Birth||July 23, 1970|
Charisma Carpenter is an American actress, producer, and former dancer. She is best known for her role as Cordelia Chase on the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1997-2003) and its spin-off Angel (1999-2004).
Charisma Lee Carpenter
Chrissy, Karazma, Crow
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
She attended Bishop Gorman High School in Las Vegas, Nevada, United States.
At the age of 15, her family moved to San Diego California and she transferred to Bonita Vista High School in Chula Vista, California, United States. She then transferred to Chula Vista School of the Creative and Performing Arts in Chula Vista, California, United States and graduated in 1988.
Actress, Former Dancer, Producer
- Father – Don Carpenter (Salesman)
- Mother – Christine Carpenter (Bird Sanctuary Worker, Owner of a Retail Store)
- Siblings – Troy (Older Brother), Kenny (Older Brother)
- Others – Kim Carpenter (Sister-in-Law), William “Bill” P. Whidden (Maternal Grandfather), Frances Mae Kirkland (Maternal Grandmother), Reece/Reese Costello Kirkland (Maternal Great-Grandfather), Emma Adina Goodman (Maternal Great-Grandmother)
Charisma Carpenter is represented by –
- Defining Artists Agency (Talent Agent) in West Hollywood, Los Angeles, California, United States
- Daniel Hoff Agency (Talent Agent Voice) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- John Carrabino Management (Manager) in Los Angeles, California, United States
- Advantage PR (Publicist) in Burbank, California, United States
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
57 kg or 125.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Charisma Carpenter has dated –
- Damian Hardy (1997-2008) – She married Damian Hardy on October 5, 2002, after 5 years of dating. Charisma gave birth to their son, Donovan Charles Hardy, at 9:50 PM on March 24, 2003. They separated in late 2007 and their divorce was finalized on July 8, 2008.
- Michael Rossi (2012)
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (White and Latino)
She is of Spanish descent on her maternal side and also has English, Scottish, French, German, and Irish ancestry.
- Thin nose
- Thin lips
- Birthmark on her jawline
- Rosary tattoo on her left wrist
Charisma Carpenter has appeared in the TV commercials for brands such as –
- Mervyn’s department stores
- Secret deodorant
- Long John Silver’s seafood restaurants (1993)
- Spree candy (1999)
She is not religious.
Charisma Carpenter Favorite Things
- Activities – Roller Blading, Hiking, Rock Climbing, Horseback Riding
- Workout – Circuit Training
- Guilty Pleasure – Chocolate and Salt & Pepper Potato Chips
- Shoe Item – Flip Flops
- Life Motto – “To thine own self be true.”
Charisma Carpenter Facts
- She was named after an AVON perfume.
- She started studying classical ballet at the age of 5.
- After she graduated from high school, she went on a trip throughout Europe. When she came back to San Diego, California, she worked as a property manager, video store clerk, and aerobics instructor.
- Charisma worked as a cheerleader for the football team, San Diego Chargers, in 1991.
- She was discovered by a talent agent while waitressing. She was working to save money for college in hopes of becoming an English teacher but never enrolled.
- Her ‘girl crushes’ are Sofia Vergara, Cate Blanchett, and Eva Longoria.
- Her male celebrity crush is James Franco.
- For her 26th birthday, she went skydiving without checking with her agent. Warner Bros. executives made her sign a clause that prevented her from skydiving again for the length of their contract.
- She auditioned for the lead role in the TV series Buffy the Vampire Slayer in 1997. Other well-known actresses that auditioned were Katie Holmes, Julie Benz, Mercedes McNab, Julia Lee, Elizabeth Anne Allen, but it went to Sarah Michelle Gellar. She got the role of Cordelia Chase after a fellow actress Bianca Lawson turned it down.
- AskMen placed her on #31 on their list of “Top 99 Most Desirable Women 2002”. On the same list in 2005, she landed the 44th spot. However, Charisma never saw herself as a s*x symbol.
- She had 2 Golden Retrievers and one Cockapoo named Valentine.
- She writes poetry.
- Charisma liked a guy with a unibrow in the past. When her brother discovered that, he gave her the nickname Crow, after Cro-Magnon, a first anatomically modern human.
- In February 2021, she came forward with the allegations of on-set misconduct and abuse against Joss Whedon. Her accusations were later supported by her co-star, Sarah Michelle Gellar.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY-2.0