|Chris Wood Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 14, 1988|
Chris Wood is an American actor who made his debut at the age of 22 in a short film titled The Magazine Girl after which he appeared in a number of television and film productions in numerous roles. Wood is known for appearing as Malachai Parker on The Vampire Diaries and for playing the role of Adam Weaver on The Carrie Diaries. He has a huge social media fan base with more than 3 million followers on Instagram and more than 500k followers on Twitter.
Christopher Charles Wood
Dublin, Ohio, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Wood attended public school at Dublin Jerome High School, where he was encouraged by his drama teacher to pursue acting and writing professionally.
Chris later attended Elon University in Elon, North Carolina, and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Music Theater in 2010.
- Siblings – He has a sister, who is a dancer and a dance instructor.
He is represented by –
- William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
- Untitled Entertainment (Talent Management Company), Beverly Hills, California, United States
6 ft or 183 cm
78 kg or 172 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Erin Burniston (1995-2013) – Chris and actress Erin started dating in 1995. The couple kept their relationship away from the limelight. After dating for almost 18 years, they separated in 2013.
- AnnaSophia Robb (2013-2014; 2017) – Chris and actress AnnaSophia Robb met on the set of TV series The Carrie Diaries in 2013. The couple started dating after their first meeting. They dated for a year and broke up in 2014. In 2017, they reunited for Mercy Street and started dating again. They broke up again in March 2017.
- Nina Dobrev (2014) – Chris was rumored to be dating actress Nina Dobrev in 2014.
- Hanna Mangan-Lawrence (2016) – Chris and Australian-British actress Hanna Mangan-Lawrence dated in 2016. They were co-stars on the series Containment.
- Melissa Benoist (2017-Present) – Chris Wood started dating his Supergirl co-star Melissa Benoist in 2017. The couple was seen together in many of his Instagram posts. On February 10, 2019, Melissa and Chris announced that they were engaged. In September 2019, the duo tied the knot. In September 2020, Melissa revealed that the couple was blessed with a boy Huxley Robert Wood.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English ancestry.
Dark Brown (Natural)
He has used his social media presence to endorse brands like –
- Everytown for Gun Safety
Best Known For
- Appearing as Malachai Parker in the CW series The Vampire Diaries in 2014
- Playing the role of writer Adam Weaver on The CW’s The Carrie Diaries from 2013 to 2014 and also for playing the character of Mon-El on CW’s Supergirl from 2016 to 2018
First TV Show
Chris made his first TV show appearance as Brandon North on the crime drama mystery series Major Crimes in 2013.
He enjoys doing a workout with resistance bands and lifting weights. Wood is not a big fan of cardio. He had to gain 30 pounds in 30 days for his role on the CW series ‘Containment’ in 2016 by doing Pilates training.
He used to work out 90-120 minutes, two times a day. Chris also did weight lifting and picked heavy objects to especially prepare for his character where he was required to move a lot of dead bodies.
Regarding diet, Chris started having more healthy fats and protein instead of reducing carbs. He used to start his day with a drink made by mixing water with lime water and Himalayan sea salt. The drink would ensure that his body absorbs more nutrients.
He had 6 small meals a day along with shakes made with healthy grains, proteins, and vegetables. Chris also followed a 90-10 rule, wherein he was allowed to indulge only 10% of the times and rest of the 90% was followed by a healthy diet.
Chris Wood Favorite Things
- Animal – Monkey
- Exercise – Sprinting
- Sport – Baseball
- CD/Record/Album – Led Zeppelin’s Mothership compilation
- Movie – Singin’ in the Rain (1952)
- Pizza – Hawaiian
Source – SheKnows.com
Chris Wood Facts
- As a child, Chris spent all of his free time writing plays and putting them on with his friends.
- He is an ambassador for Mental Health America and works selflessly to create awareness about mental health. He also launched his own website in October 2017 called ‘I Don’t Mind’ which helps people struggling with mental illnesses.
- Chris made his acting debut at the age of 22 with a short film titled ‘The Magazine Girl’ in 2010.
- In 2012, Chris played the role of Joe Hardy in Paper Mill Playhouse’s production of Damn Yankees.
- Wood left the Supergirl series at the end of its 3rd season in 2018.
- He has a pet dog named Drift.
- He appeared in an episode of The Flash in 2017.
- Chris was nominated 4 times at the Teen Choice Awards for his superior acting skills in The Vampire Diaries and Supergirl, in 2015 and 2017.
Featured Image by vagueonthehow / Flickr / CC BY-2.0