|Chris Wood Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||July 6, 1985|
Chris Wood is a British musician who is best known for being the drummer for the British indie pop band, Bastille. He was one of the founding members of the band along with the frontman Dan Smith. Some of his best songs along with the band include Pompeii, Of the Night, Good Grief, Blame, Quarter Past Midnight, and many more.
England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Chris attended Devonport High School For Boys in Plymouth, Devon, England. After completing his schooling, he went to music college.
- Father – He was a singer.
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Chris is represented by Red Light Management
Alternative Rock, Electropop, Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Synthpop
Drums, Percussion, Backing Vocals
- Virgin Records
- Capitol Records
- Universal Records
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Chris has dated –
- Christina (2014-Present) – Chris married his longtime girlfriend Christina in September 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
Chris has done endorsement work for NATAL.
Best Known For
Being the drummer for the British indie pop band, Bastille
As a member of Bastille, Chris released his debut album Bad Blood in March 2013. The album was very well received and peaked at the number 1 spot on the UK Official Albums chart.
First TV Show
Chris made his first TV show appearance on the American celebrity talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2013.
Chris Wood Favorite Things
- Musical Influences – James Brown, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, Dave Grohl
- Bands – Red Hot Chili Peppers, Muse, Foo Fighters, Queens of the Stone Age, The Smashing Pumpkins
Source – Drumeo.com
Chris Wood Facts
- He first started playing the drums when he was 10 years old and was about to finish elementary school.
- Chris started taking drumming lessons in school and used to copy the drummers he idolized.
- He grew up watching his father who was also a singer and guitarist in a band and used to play their band’s drums until he was asked to leave.
- He had been the part of school bands and orchestras ever since he was 14 years old.
- In his initial days, he was greatly inspired by the song Californication by Red Hot Chili Peppers and was a massive fan of the band.
- He stated that the reason he wanted to play in a band was the album Origin of Symmetry by the English rock band Muse.
- It was when he got sick of working at tiring jobs that he decided to get into music full time. So, he started dropping off flyers at nearby houses and after dropping about 3000 flyers, he got 2 students. The frontman of their band Dan Smith who was a solo artist at the time and was looking for a drummer and after watching a flyer, he called Chris and they both got together.
- Follow him on Twitter.
Featured Image by Chris Wood / Twitter