|Dan Smith Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||July 14, 1986|
Dan Smith is a British singer, songwriter, and record producer who is best known for being the founding member and frontman of the British indie pop band, Bastille. Apart from music, he is also a films fan and that shows in his music videos. Some of his best songs along with the band include Pompeii, Of the Night, Good Grief, Blame, Quarter Past Midnight, and many more.
Daniel Campbell Smith
London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Adam attended the University of Leeds in Leeds, West Yorkshire. His major was in English Language and Literature.
Singer, Songwriter, Record Producer
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Dan is represented by Red Light Management
Alternative Rock, Electropop, Indie Rock, Indie Pop, Synthpop
Vocals, Piano, Keyboards, Melodica
- Virgin Records
- Capitol Records
- Universal Records
- Virgin EMI Records
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dan has not dated anyone publicly yet.
Race / Ethnicity
He has English, Scottish, possibly Dutch ancestry.
Dan has not done endorsement work for any brand yet.
Best Known For
Being the founder and frontman of the British indie pop band, Bastille
As a member of Bastille, Dan released his debut album Bad Blood in March 2013. The album was very well received and peaked at the number 1 spot on the UK Official Albums Chart.
First TV Show
Dan made his first TV show appearance on American celebrity talk show Jimmy Kimmel Live! in 2013.
Dan Smith Favorite Things
- Filmmaker – David Lynch
- TV Shows – Twin Peaks
Source – TheLineOfBestFit.com
Dan Smith Facts
- He was initially obsessed with cinema and this obsession began when he was 10 years old.
- The first horror movie he saw was Wes Craven’s Scream (1996) at a friend’s house, and it made him fascinated towards the horror genre.
- In an interview, he revealed that at a time he was so obsessed with horror films and thrillers that his parents were kind of relieved when he ended up being a singer and not a serial killer.
- When he was younger, he was given a Kubrick box set as a Christmas present once and when everyone had gone to sleep, he watched The Shining all by himself from midnight until 2 am and he was overwhelmed by all the scenes.
- While studying at the University of Leeds he used to write about film and music for the Leeds student newspaper.
- Adam admitted in an interview that he initially thought he wanted to be a director or an editor but later realized that he was more of a fan than a filmmaker.
- He first began songwriting at the age of 15 on a piano or his laptop but kept his music secret from friends and family.
- In 2007, he was persuaded by a friend to participate in the Leeds Bright Young Things competition and he ended up being a finalist.
- He formed the band shortly after he graduated from the university and came back to London.
- The band was named Bastille based on Bastille Day, which is the French Independence Day. It was because Adam was born on Bastille Day.
- Dan does not have any individual social media handle.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0