|Sebastian Vettel Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8½ in|
|Date of Birth||July 3, 1987|
Sebastian Vettel is a German racing driver known for his impressive performances under popular teams like BMW Sauber, Red Bull, and Ferrari. However, with Lewis Hamilton’s rise, his championship wins have dwindled. In 2017, he mounted a credible championship challenge but as the season drew to the end, Hamilton pulled away and Vettel again finished as a runner-up.
Baby Schumi, New Schumacher, Seb
Heppenheim, West Germany
He lives with his family in Thurgovia, Switzerland.
Sebastian Vettel went to the Heppenheimth’s Starkenburg-Gymnasium (academic secondary school). He managed to clear his school-leaving exams (“Abitur”) from the same school.
- Father – Norbert Vettel
- Mother – Heike Vettel
- Siblings – Fabian Vettel (Younger Brother) (Racing Driver), Melanie Vettel (Older Sister) (Dental Technician), Stefanie Vettel (Older Sister) (Physiotherapist for disabled children)
Sebastian Vettel can be reached through Ferrari S.p.A.
5 ft 8½ in or 174 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Sebastian Vettel has dated –
- Hanna Prater – Sebastian is in a long-term relationship with his childhood sweetheart, Hanna Prater. They had first met while they were studying in primary school. In January 2014, Prater gave birth to their first daughter, Emilie. They welcomed their 2nd daughter, Matilda into their family in September 2015.
Race / Ethnicity
He has German ancestry.
Sebastian Vettel has appeared in the TV commercials for the following brands –
- Head & Shoulders
- Total Werbung
Best Known For
His immense success as a Formula One driver. He has raced for the leading Formula One teams like Toro Rosso, BMW Sauber, Red Bull, and Ferrari. He has also managed to win multiple Formula One World Championships.
First Grand Prix
In 2007, he made his Grand Prix debut at the United States Grand Prix. He started in the 7th position and managed to finish in the 8th position, in the process, collecting his first World Championship point. At the event, he became the first driver to collect championship-point at the age of 19.
In 2010, he won the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and in the process, won his first Formula One World Championship. He also became the youngest champion in the history of the sports.
As a voice actor, he made his theatrical film debut by lending his voice to the character of Sebastian Schnell in the animated and comedy movie, Cars 2 in 2011.
First TV Show
In 2008, Sebastian Vettel made his first TV show appearance on Wetten, dass..?.
Sebastian reserves his morning for endurance sessions. For the endurance training sessions, he relies on cycling and running. If he has a race scheduled for the day, he ensures that he doesn’t tire himself and keeps his workout intensity moderate. He has another workout routine scheduled in the afternoon. This workout routine is actually a strength session with a focus on strengthening the core and neck muscles.
He is also very particular about his diet and makes sure that he is eating right. For the first meal of the day, he usually goes with carbs. He usually eats some muesli or porridge and adds some eggs for proteins. He also loves to have lots of fruits in the breakfast.
Sebastian Vettel Favorite Things
- Childhood Heroes – Michael Schumacher, Michael Jordan, Michael Jackson
- Football Team – Eintracht Frankfurt
- Music Artist – Beatles and Michael Jackson
- Beatles Song – Drive My Car
- Actor – John Travolta
- Song Of All Time – Back In Black by AC/DC
- Drink – Red Bull and Apple Spritzer
- Time Of Day – Morning
- Guilty Pleasures – Chocolate
- Superpower – Ability to Fly
- Dream Dinner Guests – Enzo Ferrari, Audrey Hepburn, and Albert Einstein
Sebastian Vettel Facts
- Vettel got into amateur karting at the age of 3½ years. By the age of 8, he was participating in karts series.
- As his talent became well evident, he was accepted into the Red Bull Junior Team at the age of 11 years. He managed to win numerous titles including Junior Monaco Kart Cup in 2001 with the Red Bull team.
- As his performances became too big for the junior team, he was promoted to open-wheel cars in 2003.
- In 2004, he won the German Formula BMW Championship after having won 18 out of 20 races. Because of this, he was given an opportunity to test a Reynard Motorsport Champ Car by Derrick Walker, a former British auto racing team owner.
- In 2006, the 18-year-old Vettel was promoted as a test driver for Sauber in Formula One.
- Before the 2006 Turkish Grand Prix, BMW Sauber appointed him as the third driver. On his testing debut at the event, he became the youngest Formula One driver to participate in a Grand Prix weekend.
- At the 2007 Japanese Grand Prix, he crashed into Mark Webber‘s car, taking both out of the race. At that time, Webber was leading the race and Vettel was in the 3rd position behind Lewis Hamilton. After the race, he was handed a 10-place grid penalty for the following race. However, the penalty was lifted after the YouTube video revealed that Hamilton’s behavior behind the safety car was the real cause of the accident.
- At the end of the 2008 season, his great performances were recognized as the “Rookie of the Year” at the Autosport Awards.
- At the end of the 2012 season, he won his 3rd consecutive world championship. He also became the first racer to have won the triple championship at the age of 25.
- In 2010, he was named “German Sports Personality of the Year” (Sportler des Jahres) through a voting process.
- In 2009, he was voted as the “F1 Driver of the Year”. He again won the title in 2011 and 2013. He had finished as a runner-up in 2010 and 2012.
- In 2013, he was recognized as the “BBC Overseas Sports Personality of the Year”.
- Early in his life, he wanted to be a singer just like Michael Jackson. But, had to drop the idea when he realized he didn’t have a singer’s voice.
- In February 2022, Vettel publicly announced that he would not race in the Russian Grand Prix, which was scheduled to happen in September 2022, after Russia had launched the military operation in Ukraine.
- In April 2022, he was fined 5,000 euros for riding a scooter on the Albert Park circuit after the conclusion of Free Practice 1 for the Australian Grand Prix. He had broken Article 26.7 of the Sporting Regulations of Formula One.
Featured Image by Morio / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0