|Mark Webber Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||August 27, 1976|
Mark Webber is an Australian former professional racing driver who had participated competitively in the Formula One World Championship from 2002 to 2013 and had finished in the 3rd place in 3 out of his last 4 seasons in the competition (2010, 2011, 2013). Before competing in F1, he had participated with immense success, in several feeder championships and series, winning the Formula Ford Festival in 1996 and finishing as a runner-up at the 1996 British Formula Ford Championship. He had also stood 3rd at the 1995 Formula Ford Festival, the 1996 European Formula Ford Championship, the 1997 Masters of Formula 3 series, the 1998 FIA GT Championship, and the 2000 International Formula 3000 series. From 2014 to 2016, he had competed in the FIA World Endurance Championship and the 24 Hours of Le Mans endurance race winning the former in 2015 and finishing as a runner-up in the later (LMP1 class) in the same year. He had retired from active racing in 2016.
Mark Alan Webber
Potsie, Aussie Grit
Queanbeyan, New South Wales, Australia
Aston Clinton, Vale of Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, England, United Kingdom
Mark had studied at the Karabar High School in his hometown of Queanbeyan.
Professional Racing Driver (Retired)
- Father – Alan Webber (Motorcycle Dealer)
- Mother – Diane Webber
- Siblings – Leanne Webber (Older Sister)
- Others – He has 2 nieces.
Formula One Teams
Mark has raced for –
- Arrows F1 Team (2000) (Test Driver)
- Mild Seven Benetton Renault (2001) (Test Driver)
- KL Minardi Asiatech (2002)
- Jaguar Racing F1 Team (2003-2004)
- BMW Williams F1 Team (2005)
- Williams F1 Team (2006)
- Red Bull Racing (2007-2012)
- Infiniti Red Bull Racing (2013)
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mark has dated –
- Ann Neal (1995-Present) – Mark had first met racing events coordinator Ann Neal in 1994 and she had helped him with a 7-year sponsorship with Australian Yellow Pages. They started dating in 1995 and she later even became his manager as he was trying to kick-start his racing career in Europe. The couple eventually got married and Mark has a stepson named Luke Barrett from Ann’s previous relationship.
Race / Ethnicity
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped, wavy hair
- Affable smile
- Often sports a light stubble
- Has a mole on his neck
Mark has endorsed brands such as –
- Red Bull
Mark Webber Favorite Things
- F1 Driver – Alain Prost
- Motorcycle Racer – Kevin Schwantz
- Adventure Sports – Road Cycling, Mountain Biking
- Sports – Motorsports Racing, Tennis, Rugby, Soccer
- Rugby Team – Canberra Raiders
- Soccer Team – Sunderland
- Singer – Pink
- Music Groups/Bands – Oasis, INXS, U2, Feeder
- Australian Football Team – North Melbourne Kangaroos
Source – Wikipedia
Mark Webber Facts
- He had taken up karting at the age of 14 and 3 years later, had won the New South Wales state championship, in 1993.
- The year 2009, his 3rd with Red Bull Racing, was a major turning point in his career. He scored 8 podium finishes including 2 wins compared to just 2 podium finishes and 0 wins in the first 7 years of his F1 career. He had also finished the 2009 season in 4th place, whereas his previous best was 10th.
- Mark won the annual F1 Pro-Am tennis tournament in 2002, 2004, and 2005 and was a runner-up in 2003.
- In July 2015, his autobiography titled Aussie Grit was launched.
Featured Image by Mark Webber / Instagram