|Alain Prost Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 5 in|
|Date of Birth||February 24, 1955|
Alain Prost is a French former professional racing driver who won the Formula One World Championship 4 times (1985, 1986, 1989, 1993), stood 2nd 4 times (1983, 1984, 1988, 1990), and is often regarded as one of the greatest Formula One drivers of all time. Before entering the premier F1 tier in 1980, he had won the French Formula Three Championship in both 1978 and 1979, and the FIA European Formula 3 Championship in 1979. After retiring from top-level active motorsports in 1993, he had worked in the field of commentary and driver management. In 1985, he was honored with the ‘Légion d’Honneur’ the highest French order of merit, both military and civil.
Alain Marie Pascal Prost
Lorette, Loire, France
Nyon, Vaud, Switzerland
Alain had dropped out of school in 1974 to fulfill his dream of becoming a professional racing driver.
Professional Racing Driver (Retired)
- Father – André Prost
- Mother – Marie-Rose Karatchian
- Siblings – Daniel Prost (Younger Brother) (d. September 1986)
- Others – Delphine Prost (Daughter-in-Law), Gaia de Leva-Prost (Daughter-in-Law)
Formula One Teams
Alain had raced for –
- Marlboro Team McLaren (1980)
- Equipe Renault Elf (1981-1983)
- Marlboro McLaren International (1984-1987)
- Honda Marlboro McLaren (1988-1989)
- Scuderia Ferrari (1990-1991)
- Canon Williams Renault (1993)
5 ft 5 in or 165 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Alain has dated –
- Anne-Marie Prost – Alain had married French teacher Anne-Marie Prost on August 1, 1980, in a ceremony in St-Chamond, France. They have 2 sons together named Nicolas ‘Nico’ Prost (b. August 18, 1981) (Professional Racing Driver) and Sacha Prost (b. May 30, 1990). The couple had parted ways in the early 2000s. Through Nicolas, he has 2 grandsons named Kimi Prost (b. November 2015) and Mika Prost (b. December 2020). Through Sacha, he has another grandson named Liam Prost (b. June 2018).
- Bernadette Laffite-Cottin – Through his relationship with Bernadette Laffite-Cottin, he has a daughter named Victoria Prost.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of French and Armenian descent.
- Toned physique
- Clean-shaven look
- Tousled hair
- Affable smile
- Crooked nose
Alain Prost Facts
- He was athletically inclined as a child and would participate in several sports including wrestling, roller skating, and soccer. During his sporting pursuits, he broke his nose several times, leaving him with a permanently crooked nose.
- In his teenage years, he had hoped to become a gym instructor or a professional soccer player. However, upon discovering kart racing during a family holiday, at the age of 14, he had changed his mind quickly and decided to pursue motorsports. After dropping out of school in 1974 to pursue his racing ambitions, he used to earn his livelihood by tuning engines and working as a kart distributor.
- From 1987, he had held the record for the ‘Most Formula One Grand Prix Race Wins’ (51). The record was broken by Michael Schumacher at the 2001 Belgian Grand Prix.
- In a stellar Formula One career, where he won the title 4 times and finished as a runner-up on 4 other occasions, it was noteworthy that apart from his rookie year in 1980 (where he had finished 16th), he had always ended the season in the ‘Top 5′ of the drivers’ standings.
- At the 2019 Chinese Grand Prix, the 1000th Formula One race, he was given the honor of waving the chequered flag.
Featured Image by Alain Prost / Instagram