|Ivan Toney Quick Info
|6 ft 1 in
|Date of Birth
|March 16, 1996
Ivan Toney is an English professional football player who has played as a forward for Premier League club Brentford as well as the England national team. After being charged by the Football Association for gambling offenses, he was banned from all football activities until January 17, 2024.
Ivan Benjamin Elijah Toney
Northampton, Northamptonshire, England, United Kingdom
Professional Football Player
- Father – Ivan Toney Sr.
- Mother – Lisa Toney
Ivan Toney has been repped by CAA Stellar.
17 – Brentford
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
72 kg or 158.5 lbs
Race / Ethnicity
Ivan Toney Facts
- His football career began at his hometown club Northampton Town.
- On November 13, 2012, he made his first-team debut with Northampton Town in a 3–3 draw in the FA Cup first round away to Bradford City. He came on at the end of regulation time in place of Lewis Wilson as his side eventually lost 4–2 in a penalty shoot-out.
- He became the youngest first-team player in Northampton Town‘s history at the age of 16.
- He scored four goals in the FA Youth Cup in a 5–0 win over York City in November 2012.
- On September 28, 2013, Ivan Toney made his first start with Northampton Town in a goalless home draw against Morecambe.
- On April 26, 2014, he recorded his first two professional goals in the first half of a 3–0 victory away to Dagenham & Redbridge. The latter of the goals was a bicycle kick.
- He scored his first goals of the league season as a substitute for Lawson D’Ath on September 20, 2014. He scored twice in a home contest against Accrington Stanley but his team lost 5–4.
- On December 26, 2014, Ivan Toney received the first red card of his career in a 3–2 home defeat to Bury. He was dismissed for fighting with visiting defender Hayden White.
- On August 6, 2015, he signed for Premier League club Newcastle United on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee. He went on to make his debut with the team on August 25 in the second round of the League Cup as he replaced Massadio Haïdara for the final 12 minutes of a 4–1 home win over his former team.
- He played his first league match for Newcastle United on September 26, 2015, as an 85th-minute substitute for Aleksandar Mitrović in a 2–2 home draw against Chelsea.
- Toney joined League One club Barnsley on a 28-day youth loan on November 9, 2015, and debuted with the team the next day in the Northern quarter-finals of the Football League Trophy, starting in a 2–1 home win over York.
- On August 9, 2018, he signed for League One club Peterborough United on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee. Two days later, he made his debut with the team in a 4–1 win at Rochdale as a 72nd-minute substitute for two-goal Jason Cummings.
- After completing a medical, he signed for Championship club Brentford on a five-year deal on August 31, 2020.
- It was revealed on November 16, 2022, that Ivan Toney had been charged by the Football Association with an alleged 232 breaches of its gambling laws. Subsequently, he was banned from football for eight months (being allowed to return to training at the halfway point), charged £50,000, and warned about his future conduct.
- On March 26, 2023, Ivan Toney made his international debut with the England national team, coming on as an 81st-minute substitute for Harry Kane, in a 2-0 victory against Ukraine at Wembley Stadium.
- He has amassed a decent social media fan base with more than 800k followers on Instagram.
Featured Image by Ardfern / Wikimedia / CC BY 4.0 DEED