|Jamal Murray Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||February 23, 1997|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Jamal Murray is a Canadian professional basketball player who has played for the Denver Nuggets of the National Basketball Association (NBA) as well as has been a part of the Canadian national team.
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Denver, Colorado, United States
Jamal Murray studied at Grand River Collegiate Institute, a public secondary school located in Kitchener, Ontario. He then transferred to Orangeville District Secondary School located at 22 Faulkner Street in Orangeville, Ontario as well as attended the Athlete Institute located in Mono, Ontario.
After that, he joined the University of Kentucky and played for the Kentucky Wildcats men’s basketball.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Roger Murray (Assistant Coach, Ran track and field and played basketball as a youth)
- Mother – Sylvia
- Siblings – Lamar Murray (Younger Brother)
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, he has a net worth of $40 million.
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm (Listed Height)
98 kg or 216 lbs (Listed Weight)
Girlfriend / Spouse
Jamal Murray has dated –
- Brittany Renner (2018) – He reportedly hooked up with American fitness model and social media star Brittany Renner in November 2018. She was also spotted wearing Denver Nuggets‘ apparel in a few social media posts in 2018.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Black and White)
Jamal Murray is of African-Jamaican descent on his father’s side and has Syrian roots on his mother’s side.
Jamal Murray has done endorsement work for brands such as New Balance and KFC.
Jamal Murray Facts
- He grew up in Kitchener, Ontario.
- He started playing basketball at an early age and could play the sport “for hours” at the age of 3. When he was 6 years old, he played in a league for 10-year-olds.
- A born athlete, Jamal Murray started playing pick-up games against top high school and college players when he was around 12-13 years old.
- He participated in a number of basketball drills and kung fu exercises, including meditation.
- Jamal Murray was named MVP at the 2013 Jordan Brand Classic International Game, becoming the 2nd Canadian after Duane Notice to win the award.
- At the 2013 FIBA Americas Under-16 Championship in Uruguay, he represented Canada and averaged 17 points, 6 rebounds, and 2.4 steals per game, leading the team to a bronze medal.
- He was part of the Canadian national team at the 2015 Pan American Games and helped the team win a silver medal.
- He was named the MVP at the 2015 Nike Hoop Summit after scoring a game-high 30 points. The same year, he was also named MVP of the 2015 BioSteel All-Canadian Basketball Game (an annual Canadian all-star game featuring high school basketball players).
- As the 7th overall pick in the 2016 NBA draft, Jamal Murray was selected by the Denver Nuggets on June 23, 2016, and signed his rookie scale contract with the Nuggets on August 9, 2016.
- In 2019, he signed a contract extension of a 5-year, $170 million maximum deal with the Denver Nuggets on the first day of the free agency period.
- During a game against the Golden State Warriors on April 12, 2021, he suffered a torn ACL on his left knee and subsequently underwent surgery on April 21.
- While Jamal Murray was recovering from his ACL tear surgery, the Denver Nuggets lost in 5 games to the Golden State Warriors during the first round of the playoffs.
- After a period of 18 months, he played in his first game on October 19, 2022, and scored 12 points in 26 minutes of playing time during a 123–102 loss to the Utah Jazz.
- Jamal Murray made his 805th career three-pointer in a game against the San Antonio Spurs on March 10, 2022, and became the all-time leader in three-pointers made in Nuggets history, surpassing Will Barton.
- He decided on a three-year commitment to play with the Canadian senior men’s national team on May 24, 2022.
Featured Image by All-Pro Reels / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0