West Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Los Angeles, California, United States
While growing up, Serinda Swan went to the Waldorf School.
- Father – Scott Swan (Canadian theatre director and actor. He also runs an acting studio.)
- Mother – Her mother is an actress.
- Siblings – She has an older sister.
Serinda Swan is represented by Vancouver based Performers Management Agency.
5 ft 7 in or 170 cm
61 kg or 135 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Serinda Swan has dated –
- Victor Webster (2008) – Serinda Swan was rumored to be going out with retired Nicaraguan soccer player Victor Webster in 2008.
- Terrell Owens (2008) – Serinda was linked up with former American Football player, Terrell Owens in 2008. These relationship rumors were sort of confirmed in July 2008 after Owens took her as his date to the ESPY Awards. There were also spotted together at the premiere event of Hancock.
- Roger Cross (2009) – Serinda was linked by some sections of media with actor Roger Cross in 2009.
- Niall Matter (2009) – Towards the end of 2009, Swan was reported to be dating Canadian actor Niall Matter. They had been spotted out and about on a number of occasions and were reported to have met through mutual friends.
- Mehcad Brooks (2010-2011) – Serinda started going out with actor Mehcad Brooks in 2010. They had reportedly grown close while shooting for the horror movie, Creature, in which both of them were cast in leading roles. Their relationship became public after they were heading to the Po Restaurant in New York City in June 2010. Their relationship came to an end by the next year.
- Jimmi Simpson (2012) – According to American gossip tabloids, Serinda was rumored to be in a relationship with actor and producer, Jimmi Simpson in 2012. They were even spotted together at the Beyond Hunger: A Place at the Table event in Beverly Hills.
Race / Ethnicity
She has English, Irish, Scottish, and Spanish ancestry.
- Green Eyes
- High Cheekbones
36-27-36 in or 91.5-68.5-91.5 cm
8 (US) or 38 (EU)
9 (US) or 39.5 (EU)
Serinda has been cast in the TV commercials for
- Milky Way Candy Bar (2006)
- Absolute Poker
- Much Music
Also, she has done modeling work for the following brands
- Dorinha jeans wear
- Breathe active wear
- Miss Sixty
- Jacqueline Conlor
- Killah Babe
- Kosiuko Jeans
- House of Nyla
- Thomas Lynch
- WOVC cover girl
- EPM Calender
- Guess Watches
- Venus Swimwear
Best Known For
- Being cast in the main role of Paige Arkin in the American drama TV series, Graceland.
- Playing the lead role of Medusa in the superhero action TV series, Inhumans, which is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
In 2005, Serinda made her film debut in a minor role in the Bollywood romantic comedy movie, Neal ‘n’ Nikki.
First TV Show
In 2006, she made her first TV show appearance in the Salvation episode of fantasy horror series, Supernatural.
Serinda loves to take her workout sessions outdoors which help her keep the figure toned and in perfect shape. She especially loves paddle boarding and hiking. However, she is not averse to working out in the gym, when the busy schedule or poor weather conditions don’t permit outdoor activities.
Her workout combines cardio, strength training, and conditioning exercises. She relies on her favorite exercise, kickbacks to tone her glutes.
Serinda Swan Favorite Things
- Comic Book Character she wants to play – Catwoman
- Beauty Must Haves – Dior N*de foundation and Yves Saint Laurent mascara
- Beauty Brand – Skin Authority
- Clothing Brands – Wilfred, Marc Jacobs, This Shirt Helps (Tee Brand) and J Brand
- Red Carpet Designer – Marchesa, Versace, Elie Saab, and Oscar de la Renta
Serinda Swan Facts
- To become one of the faces of the iconic Guess Watches, she had to overcome competition from over 75,000 competitors.
- She has revealed in interviews that her first name was selected after the name of ancient Tibetan flute.
- While growing up, she participated in gymnastics. In fact, she practiced it for 10 years and often got shunned by her classmates as she looked bit different and behaved differently due to her commitment to gymnastics.
- She is an avid poker player and regularly plays online poker. Also, she loves to head to casinos once in a while. Plus, she counts Phil Hellmuth (Won World Championship 10+ times) as her friend and mentor.
- In her early struggling days, she worked as a waitress at a restaurant.
- For the superhero TV series Smallville, she initially auditioned for the role of Maxima and Tess Mercer. However, she ended up playing Zatanna in the series.
- She had initially auditioned for the role of Medusa in Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief but was eventually hired to play Aphrodite.
- She is a co-founder of the not for profit organization Friends to Mankind, which is headquartered in Canada and works all over the world for the betterment of humanity.
- When she was 7 years old, her mother decided to move the family to Kauai, Hawaii. She had a very unusual upbringing due to her mother’s wanderlust bouts.
- To relax and unwind, she relies on meditation. In fact, she is so taken up with meditation that she checks into meditation retreats and has even meditated in monk caves in Thailand.
- She has got a motorcycle license and loves cruising around with her friends in her free time.
- She has worked extensively with Nothing but Nets non-profit organization, which aims to tackle malaria in the third world countries with the distribution of mosquito nets.
- Follow her on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Toglenn / Wikipedia / CC BY-SA 3.0