|Mehcad Brooks Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||October 25, 1980|
Mehcad Brooks is an American actor, singer, producer, and former model. He is best known for having been cast as Matthew Applewhite in the ABC mystery comedy-drama series, Desperate Housewives (2005–2006), for which he also won a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2006 in the Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy Series category. Born to well-known parents, Mehcad started acting as well as modeling during his teen years and has also modeled for Calvin Klein. He has also been a part of a number of TV shows and movies like A Token for Your Thoughts, In the Valley of Elah, Glory Road, Just Wright, Creature, About Last Night, Adulterers, The Game, True Blood, The Deep End, My Generation, Necessary Roughness, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit, and Supergirl. He has always been active in sports and has also branched out as a singer. Mehcad Brooks also enjoys a major fan base with more than 300k followers on Instagram and more than 80k followers on Twitter.
Mehcad Jason McKinley Brooks
Austin, Texas, United States
He resides in Austin, Texas, United States
Mehcad Brooks studied in L.C. Anderson High School, a public high school located in Austin, Texas, from where he graduated in 1999. Then, he went to the University of Southern California‘s School of Cinema-Television.
Brooks was also offered basketball scholarships and other offers from Ivy League schools but he decided to attend the University of Southern California.
Actor, Singer, Producer, Former Fashion Model
- Father – Billy Brooks (Former Pro Football Player)
- Mother – Alberta Phillips (Editorial Writer for Austin American-Statesman)
- Siblings – Billy Brooks IV (Older Brother) (A regular on the now defunct Spill.com)
- Others – William McKinley Brooks (Paternal Grandfather), Bertha Mae Clark (Paternal Grandmother), McKinley Clark (Paternal Great Grandfather), Victoria Young (Paternal Great Grandmother), Gary Bledsoe (Stepfather) (Lawyer), Jason Ansara Brooks (Uncle) (Choreographer, Dancer)
Mehcad Brooks is represented by Atlas Artists, Talent Management Company, Los Angeles, California, United States.
Vocals, Acoustic Guitar
6 ft 4 in or 193 cm
85 kg or 187.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Mehcad Brooks has dated –
- Rebecca Mader (2009) – It was rumored that Mehcad and British actress Rebecca Mader were an item for a while in 2009. They first started going out in February 2009 and also attended the 2nd season premiere of the dark fantasy horror TV show, True Blood, as a couple. However, soon after their first public appearance, they decided to part ways in August 2009.
- Maria Rogers (2010) – Mehcad Brooks had a fling with fitness diva Maria Rogers in 2010.
- Serinda Swan (2010-2011) – Canadian actress Serinda Swan and Brooks started going out in May 2010. She is known for her roles in movies like Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (2010) and The Baytown Outlaws (2012). Serinda and Brooks also co-starred in the monster horror film, Creature (2011), and the duo first caught public attention as they went to Po Restaurant in New York City in June 2010. However, the couple broke up within a year and moved separate ways.
- Selita Ebanks (2010-2011) – It was in December 2010 that Mehcad Brooks started dating Caymanian model Selita Ebanks. She has also modeled for Victoria’s Secret. Unfortunately, the couple’s romance soon fizzled out and Brooks and Selita decided to break up in April 2011.
- Elisabetta Canalis (2011) – Elisabetta Canalis is an Italian actress and showgirl who is speculated to have had a short-lived romance with Brooks between October 2011 and December 2011.
- Frida Kardeskog – Brooks is in an open relationship with Frida Kardeskog. They have been together for quite a while now and share a bond of both love and friendship. The duo can often be spotted together in their individual social media feeds as well as while attending several social events.
Race / Ethnicity
Mehcad Brooks is of African-American descent.
- Bald head
- Towering height
- Various tattoos
Mehcad Brooks has appeared in a State Farm Insurance television commercial alongside actress Gabrielle Dennis.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a variety of roles in movies like Radimi: Who Stole the Dream (2002) as Radimi Wadkins, A Token for Your Thoughts (2003) as The Jock, In the Valley of Elah (2007) as Spc. Ennis Long, Fly Like Mercury (2008) as Hutch, Just Wright (2010) as Angelo Bembrey, Creature (2011) as Niles, About Last Night (2014) as Derek, Adulterers (2015) as Damien, and Nobody’s Fool (2018) as Charlie
- Being a part of various shows like Malcolm in the Middle (2002) as Big Kid, Boston Public (2003) as Russell Clark, One on One (2003) as Mustafa, Desperate Housewives (2005-2006) as Matthew Applewhite, Ghost Whisperer (2006) as Justin Cotter, K-Ville (2007-2008) as Vin Bear, The Game (2008) as Jerome “Jerry” Wright, True Blood (2008-2010) as Eggs, The Deep End (2010) as Malcolm Bennett, My Generation (2010) as Rolly Marks, Necessary Roughness (2011-2013) as Terrence King, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit (2011) as Prince Miller, and Supergirl (from 2015) as James Olsen /Guardian
- Winning the Screen Actors Guild Award in 2006 in the “Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy Series” category for his role as Matthew Applewhite in the mystery comedy-drama series, Desperate Housewives
As a Singer
Mehcad Brooks has released several singles like Tears Away (2017) and Stars (2018).
Mehcad Brooks made his feature film debut as Radimi Wadkins in the movie, Radimi: Who Stole the Dream, in 2002. The film was premiered at the Pan African Film Festival on February 20, 2002.
He made his first theatrical film appearance as Harry Flournoy in the sports drama film, Glory Road, in 2006. The film starred Josh Lucas, Derek Luke, and Jon Voight.
First TV Show
Mehcad Brooks made his first TV show appearance as Shawn Hodges in an episode, titled Take Me Out of the Ball Game, of the comedy fantasy drama show, Do Over, in 2002.
Brooks works out on a regular basis to maintain a toned as well as healthy physique. For his upper body, he relies on various exercises like push-ups. He also believes that even if we dedicate just an hour to exercising on a daily basis, we could stay away from major ailments like diabetes.
When it comes to his diet, he believes in eating healthy and goes by the philosophy that if one can put healthy fuel in one’s car, then one must also fuel the body with healthy food. He also attributes his fitness to his mother as growing up, she would often cook food which included fish, turkey, chicken, and fresh veggies. However, Brooks also enjoys occasionally indulging in pizzas and french fries.
Mehcad Brooks Facts
- He grew up in Austin, Texas, United States.
- Growing up, Mehcad was completely into sports and played basketball, football, and baseball.
- He was also named a Texas all-state basketball player.
- Starting at the age of 15, he used to do modeling projects during his high school and college years and has worked as a Calvin Klein underwear model.
- After Mehcad Brooks graduated high school, he was accepted at Yale University. However, he decided to study at the University of Southern California.
- He enjoys collecting Playboy magazines and has an extensive vintage collection of the same.
- Mehcad loves playing video games especially the Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and Madden series.
- He wants people to accept themselves the way they are and embrace their differences.
- Mehcad Brooks was featured in the July 2010 issue of GQ alongside Brazilian model Emanuela de Paula.
- Two things that he considers the most important in his life are family and health.
- Brooks believes in the power of time.
- As a producer, Mehcad Brooks has worked on several projects like Adulterers (2015), a crime drama thriller movie, and Wildlife (2017), a short movie.
- He has worked with the likes of Anna Paquin, Stephen Moyer, Alfre Woodard, Tommy Lee Jones, Charlize Theron, Christopher Cleveland, and James Gartner.
- Mehcad Brooks was featured in a public service announcement for the Center for Reproductive Rights, a global legal advocacy organization seeking advance reproduction rights, in 2013.
- He was listed in Daily Variety‘s “Ten Young Actors to Watch in 2005″ list.
- Mehcad’s talents as an actor have brought him various nominations for awards like Image Award, Screen Actors Guild Award, and Saturn Award.
- Follow Mehcad Brooks on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Heroes & Villains / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0