|Christine McVie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 12, 1943|
Christine McVie is a veteran English singer and songwriter who is best known being the lead vocalist and keyboardist for the rock band Fleetwood Mac since 1970. Besides that, she is also popularly known as a solo artist and most importantly for her smoky, contralto vocals, and her knack for coming up with direct but poignant lyrics. With time, she has also amassed a huge fan base with more than 200k followers on Facebook.
Christine Anne Perfect
Bouth, Lancashire, England, United Kingdom
Christine attended an art college based in Birmingham for 5 years to study sculpture. In the year 2002, she was presented with an Honorary Doctorate in Music by the University of Greenwich.
Singer, Songwriter, Keyboardist
- Father – Cyril Percy Absell Perfect (Concert Violinist, Music Lecturer)
- Mother – Beatrice Edith Maud Perfect (Medium, Psychic, Faith Healer)
- Siblings – John Perfect (Older Brother) (Former Entomologist), Cyril Perfect (Older Brother)
As a member of Fleetwood Mac, Christine is represented by Carl Stubner.
Blues, Blues Rock, Pop Rock, Rock, Soft Rock
She has released her music with various labels such as Warner Records, Blue Horizon, Reprise, E1 (US), Sanctuary, and Columbia.
5 ft 2 in or 157.5 cm
50 kg or 110 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Christine’s name has been linked with –
- John McVie (1968-1976)
- Dennis Wilson (1979-1982)
- Eduardo Quintela (1986-2003)
Race / Ethnicity
- Platinum blonde hair
- Sports a fringe cut
- Floaty clothes
- Husky voice
Christine McVie Facts
- She was brought up in the Bearwood area of Smethwick on the outskirts of Birmingham city.
- Christine inherited her musical genes from her father who taught music at St Peter’s College of Education and the violin at St Philip’s Grammar School.
- Her mother was a medium, psychic, and faith healer.
- She was 4 years old when her parents wanted her to learn to play the piano. However, Christine did not show much interest until she 11 years old. She continued to show an interest in her classical music until she 15 years old.
- It was a friend of her older brother John named, Philip Fisher who got her interested in playing the piano once again.
- Her focus shifted from classical music to rock and roll after she had come across a songbook of pianist and singer Fats Domino that was brought home by her brother.
- She has credited The Everly Brothers as an early influence.
- Initially, she had wanted to become a teacher and pursued a 5-year study in sculpture.
- The first band that she joined was Sounds Of Blue with guitarist Stan Webb and bassist Andy Silvester. However, the group split a while after, leaving Christine to fend for herself. This led her to move to London after which, she worked as a department store window dresser.
- As of February 2020, she has released 3 solo albums, In the Meantime (2004), Christine McVie (1984), and Christine Perfect (1970).
Featured Image By Raph_PH / Flickr / CC BY 2.0