|Clive Davis Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||April 4, 1932|
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
Clive Davis is an American record producer, A&R executive, music industry executive, and lawyer who is widely acknowledged as the most influential person in the American music industry and is credited with helping several of the greatest American musical artists and bands/groups achieve remarkable success all around the world. Between 1967 and 1973, he was the president of Columbia Records. 2 years later, he had founded Arista Records and was the organization’s president until 2000 when he founded J Records. Between 2002 and April 2008, he had served as the chairperson and CEO of the RCA Music Group (which included RCA Records, J Records, and Arista Records). In this period, he was the chairman and CEO of BMG North America as well. In 2018, he was appointed the chief creative officer of Sony Music Entertainment.
Clive Jay Davis
The Man with the Golden Ears
Brooklyn, New York City, New York, United States
Pound Ridge, Westchester County, New York, United States
Clive, after his high school graduation, had joined the New York University College of Arts and Science, the primary liberal arts college of New York University. He had graduated magna cum laude from there in 1953, with a degree in political science.
Clive had then received a full scholarship to Harvard Law School, the law school of Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. He had graduated from there in 1956.
Record Producer, A&R Executive, Music Industry Executive, Lawyer
- Father – Herman Davis (Electrician, Salesman) (Deceased)
- Mother – Florence Davis (Deceased)
- Siblings – Seena Davis (Older Sister)
- Others – Jessie Muscio (Daughter-in-Law) (Stylist)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Clive has dated –
- Helen Cohen (1956–1965) – Clive had married Helen Cohen in 1956. They have 2 children together – a son named Fred Davis (b. 1960) (Media Investment Banker) and a daughter named Lauren Davis (b. 1962). They had parted ways in 1965.
- Janet Adelberg (1965–1985) – Clive had married Janet Adelberg in 1965. They have 2 sons together named Mitchell Davis (b. 1970) (Music Producer) and Doug Davis (b. March 6, 1974) (Music Industry Executive, Entertainment Lawyer, Record Producer, Founder and Managing Partner of the music, entertainment, and sports law firm The Davis Firm, PLLC). They had parted ways in 1985. Through Doug, he has 2 granddaughters named Bilie Davis and Cody Davis.
NOTE – He has 6 other grandchildren.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
- Stocky frame
- Puffy face
- Receding hairline
- Clean-shaven look
Clive Davis Facts
- Clive’s parents had both passed away while he was still a teenager. This left him penniless and he had to move in with his married sister in Bayside, Queens, New York City.
- He came out as bisexual in his 2nd autobiography – The Soundtrack of My Life (2013).
- In 2011, the 200-seat theater at the Grammy Museum was named after him.
- In 2000, he was inducted into the ‘Rock and Roll Hall of Fame’ in the non-performers category.
- He has published 2 autobiographies – Clive: Inside the Record Business (1975) and The Soundtrack of My Life (2013).
- As of February 2021, he had won 5 Grammy Awards (4 of them as a music producer).
- In February 2021, he was diagnosed with Bell’s Palsy.
Featured Image by Clive Davis / Instagram