|Colin O’Donoghue Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||January 26, 1981|
Colin O’Donoghue is an Irish actor and musician who is best known for portraying roles such as Captain Killian “Hook” Jones in Once Upon a Time, Michael Kovak in The Rite, J.J. Sneed in Dolly Parton’s Heartstrings, and Gordon Cooper in The Right Stuff. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Storage 24, Carrie Pilby, What Still Remains, Fair City, The Clinic, Wild Decembers, and many more. He has done voiceover work in films and TV shows like Trollhunters: Rise of the Titans, Trollhunters, and Wizards: Tales of Arcadia. His theatre credits include plays such as Moonlight Mickey’s, The Dream of a Summer Day, The Taming Of The Shrew, and Outlying Islands. For his acting skills, Colin has been honored with numerous awards such as the Irish Film and Television Award and Teen Choice Award.
Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland
Colin went to some local schools and then The Gaiety School of Acting in Dublin.
- Father – Con O’Donoghue
- Mother – Mary O’Donoghue
- Siblings – Allen O’Donoghue (Older Brother) (Author)
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
73 kg or 161 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Colin dated –
- Helen O’Donoghue – Helen, a schoolteacher is married to Colin O’Donoghue. They have a son named, Evan James O’Donoghue (b. August 1, 2013) and a daughter.
Race / Ethnicity
- Handsome face
- Thick eyebrows
- Blue eyes
Best Known For
Portraying Captain Killian “Hook” Jones on the ABC’s fairy tale dramatic series Once Upon a Time.
As a Singer
Colin is also a part of the band called “The Enemies” which was started in 2003 in Ireland. In the band, he sings songs and plays guitar.
In 2003, Colin appeared in the short film Call Girl for his role as Brendan.
After that, he appeared in another two short films before appearing in supernatural horror-thriller The Rite for his starring role as Michael Kovak in 2011.
First TV Show
In 2001, Colin played the role as Rowe in the drama miniseries Rebel Heart in just 1 episode.
Colin O’Donoghue Favorite Things
- Animal – Dog
- Disney Movie – Winnie the Pooh (2011)
- Disney Villain (Other than Hook) – Jafar
- Film – 12 Angry Men (1957)
- Favorite Pearl Jam Song – Corduroy
- Favorite Color – Black
- School Subject – Art
- Superhero – Batman
- Favorite Fairy Tale – Hansel and Gretel
Source – Twitter Q/As
Colin O’Donoghue Facts
- At 17, he learned French for a month in Paris.
- In 2015, he was featured as the love interest of Christina Perri in her song “The Words.”
- Watch Colin doing ALS Ice Bucket Challenge.
- He can’t live without coffee.
- While young, he desired to do animation and special effects.
- He would like to take a guitar with him if he had to spend time on a desert island.
- Colin has done a lot of theater work in Ireland, England, the United States, and Canada.
- In 2020, he had done voiceover work for the character of Douxie in the video game, Trollhunters: Defenders of Arcadia.