|Damso Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 1 in|
|Date of Birth||May 10, 1992|
Damso is a Belgian Congolese rapper-songwriter. Damso released his mixtape La salle d’attente in 2014. His album Ipséité which he released in 2017, received much attention in Belgium, Switzerland, and Frace. Overall, it was certified 4x Platinum. Also, as a lead artist, he has released songs such as “Nwaar Is the New Black”, “Paris c’est loin”, “Amnésie”, “BruxellesVie”, etc.
Kinshasa, Democratic Republic of the Congo
Information about Damso’s formal education isn’t available.
Rapper, singer, songwriter
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
Damso has created his own management team to handle his representation work.
92i, Capital Music, Universal Music Group
6 ft 1 in or 185.5 cm
91 kg or 201 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Damso has largely opted to keep his personal life away from the spotlight, which makes it a tad difficult for us to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Congolese descent.
- Imposing body
- Medium stubble beard
- Often wears shades
Damso hasn’t done endorsement work for any brand.
Damso has not spoken about his religious beliefs publicly.
Best Known For
The immense success of his studio album, Ipséité (titled as Selfhood in English), which was certified ‘Platinum’ in Belgium and ‘3xPlatinum’ in France. It was featured on the top of the album charts in France as well as Belgium.
In July 2016, he released his debut studio album, Batterie Faible, which was certified ‘Platinum’ in France. The album also sold more than 100,000 units in France.
Damso hasn’t appeared in any theatrical film till date.
First TV Show
Damso hasn’t acted on any TV show yet.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Damso Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
- When he was 9 years old, he and his family left the Democratic Republic of Congo because of the bloody armed conflict and moved to Belgium. They eventually settled in Brussels (in Belgium).
- He started his rap career in 2006 by performing in local and underground events.
- At the start of his rap career, he formed rap collective OPG with his childhood friend Dolfa. They later recruited Ducke, Lio Brown, and Rex.
- He got his first big breakthrough after his work on Poseidon, which was featured on Booba’s OKLM mixtape.
- In 2018, the Belgian Football Association announced that they would hire Damso to prepare anthem for their participation in the upcoming FIFA World Cup.
- However, the Belgian FA received strong criticism from the public and women rights group because of misogynist and sexist content of Damso’s songs. In March 2018, they eventually announced that they had dropped the project.
- In 2015, he joined Booba’s rap collective called 92i. He also signed up with Booba’s record label which also goes by 92i.
- Follow him on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Featured Image by Rapelite / Instagram