|Dany Garcia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 29, 1968|
Dany Garcia is an American film and television producer who had started her career in financing and wealth management before changing course in 2008 and becoming a manager for her then-husband Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson‘s acting career. She eventually co-founded the film production company Seven Bucks Productions in 2012. She is also the founder and CEO of the media and brand management firm, The Garcia Companies.
Miami, Florida, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dany graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in 1992 from the University of Miami, where she majored in International Marketing and Finance.
Film Producer, Brand Manager
- Father – He was a former auto mechanic.
- Siblings – Hiram Garcia (Younger Brother) (Film Assistant, Stunt Double)
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
68 kg or 150 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Dany has dated –
- Dwayne Johnson (1996-2008) – Dany had met actor and former wrestler Dwayne Johnson in 1996 when they were students at the University of Miami. They got married in 1997 and were divorced in 2008. They have a daughter together named Simone Alexandra Johnson (b. 2001).
- Dave Rienzi (2014-Present) – Dany got married to bodybuilder and Dwayne Johnson’s fitness trainer, Dave Rienzi, in 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of Cuban descent.
- Dimpled smile
- Muscular frame
- Long, straight hair
Dany Garcia Favorite Things
- Pets – Dogs
- Beverage – Coffee
- Book – Power vs Force (2014) by David Hawkins
- Pastime – Watching movie trailers
Source – Medium
Dany Garcia Facts
- She was born in Miami to Cuban immigrants. She was raised, however, in the state of New Jersey.
- In an interview, Dany has revealed that she faced severe bullying as a child. When she started attending a new school at the age of 10, she was ridiculed for her skinny frame, for wearing glasses, and for her boyish name.
- Dany had met Dwayne Johnson, her first husband, at the University of Miami. They were both student-athletes. Despite their divorce in 2007, she has maintained a healthy relationship with the superstar and has remained his business manager.
- Dany’s career had started in the field of finance and she had risen to the post of Vice President at the reputed investment management company, Merrill Lynch. In 2002, she began leading her wealth management firm, JDM Partners LLC. She left her financial career behind in 2008 when Dwayne asked her to become his manager.
- Dany, via her management company, represents actors like Idris Elba and Henry Cavill. She has also served as the manager for wrestlers like Tamina and Eva Marie.
- In 2008, Dany founded The Beacon Experience, an organization that helps provide education to underprivileged children beyond the high school level. She also sits on the board of the Pediatrix Medical Group, an organization that provides intensive care to newborns and their families.
- In 2018, she was named in the list of “25 Most Powerful Women” by People En Espanol Magazine. The same year, she was included by Variety magazine in its “Variety500” list which recognizes the most influential leaders in show business.
- Dany is also a bodybuilder and has participated in professional competitions. She was enthused by bodybuilding since her early teens. However, she only took it up as a serious pursuit around 2008 at the age of 40. She stood 7th in a field of 32 women at her first attempt at a bodybuilding competition in 2011. She turned professional after winning the “Masters Over-35” trophy at the 2014 IFBB North American Championships.
- Dany used to own a horse named Buck as a teen. She was also a part of her high school band and can play the piano.
- Dany has revealed that she named her production company ‘Seven Bucks’ as a nod to her ex-husband and company co-founder’s situation when he had quit his footballing career and was struggling financially.
Featured Image by Dany Garcia / Instagram