|David Banks Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||September 24, 1951|
David Banks is a British actor, voice artist, and author, best known for his role of Cyber Leader, Doctor Who’s enemy in the long-running science fiction series Doctor Who between 1982 and 1988. He starred in seasons of Doctor Who that featured Cybermen: 6th serial Earthshock (1982), 20th-anniversary special episode The Five Doctors (1983), the 1st serial of the 22nd season Attack of the Cybermen (1985), and 3rd serial of the 25th season titled Silver Nemesis (1988). The next year, David also played a character of Karl the Mercenary in Doctor Who – The Ultimate Adventure, a stage play. He is also known as an author that wrote the whole biography, origins, and history of Cybermen, titled Doctor Who – Cybermen, which he published in 1988. The book was adapted into a set of 4 audio cassettes titled The ArcHive Tapes, that he also narrated. David is an author of the novel Iceberg, a part of Virgin New Adventures, which is a series of Doctor Who spin-off novels published in 1993. Apart from being a voice artist with more than 100 audiobooks under his belt, David also had guest roles in well-known TV series – Bret Maverick (1981-1982), Crazy Like a Fox (1985), Brookside (1991), EastEnders (1994), and Doctors (2006).
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England, United Kingdom
His educational history is unknown.
Actor, Voice Artist, Author
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Unknown
- Siblings – Unknown
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
82 kg or 181 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Banks has kept his dating history private.
Race / Ethnicity
David Banks is of British descent.
Due to advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Salt and Pepper’.
- Thick eyebrows
- Tall, slim physique
- Narrow nose
- Thin lips
David Banks hasn’t endorsed any brands yet.
Best Known For
- His role of Cyber Leader in Doctor Who TV series (1982-1988)
- Starring as Graeme Curtis in 3 episodes of Brookside (1991) and Gavin in an episode of EastEnders (1994)
- Appearing in the film The Evil Within (2017)
- Being the author of books Doctor Who – Cybermen (1988) and Iceberg (1993)
David Banks made his first theatrical film appearance as Disc Jockey in a crime-comedy film titled Some Kind of Hero in 1982.
First TV Show
David Banks made his first TV show appearance as Leslie in an episode titled The Mouthtrap of the comedy series Keep It in the Family in 1980.
David Banks Favorite Things
- Interests – Narration, Public Speaking, Writing
Source – Wikipedia
David Banks Facts
- David became interested in acting when he was 4 or 5 years old. His teacher found a script for a play in a magazine and cast David as a wizard.
- As a young actor, David was inspired by Sir Ian McKellen.
- He was cast as Cyber Leader in Doctor Who (1982-1988) series because he had a good speaking voice, and was tall, which fit the role of the series’ villain.
- The 1st car he bought was a British-made black Morris Minor 1000. It had flip-up yellow indicators, and its registration plate read 50 MPJ.
- During the performances of the stage play Doctor Who – The Ultimate Adventure in 1989, where he played Karl the Mercenary, David had to jump in and play Doctor Who when the lead actor, Jon Pertwee, became very ill.
- In 2006, David narrated an unabridged version of The Lord of the Rings audiobook, originally written by J. R. R. Tolkien in 3 volumes between 1954 and 1955.
- David wrote a stage play titled Severance about lovers from the 12th century, which was performed in 2002 for the 1st time.
- He was invited by the University of Sydney, and the University of Melbourne in Australia, to deliver a paper titled Life as an emotionless killing machine: Cybermen in a Strange State in 2008.
- He claimed that the role of the Cyber Leader will never leave him, and even though he wore a mask, the audience recognized him for the role decades past his original appearance in the 1990s.
- In an interview in 2018, David said that he was busy on multiple writing projects. One was in connection with his novel Iceberg (1993), while the other had something to do with Cybermen history and the Cyber Leader in particular.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Alan Hayes / YouTube