Matt Roberts is a popular celebrity trainer who has had the pleasure of training the UK Prime Minister, David Cameron among other celebrities. He has some pretty good ideas about a workout that can be followed by all, beginners as well as experts. His workout ideas can be implemented without any fancy gym equipment too. He also lets you know how keeping fit is easier for a fit person rather than an unfit person. And he says that wearing fancy gym wear is fine as long as you use it right. Let’s know some of these ideas and learn to stay fitter, shall we?
No General Exercises
The talented trainer believes that there are no general exercises that can be ideal for everyone. He insists that everyone has endless objectives and goals, so each of the training programs should be customized. But if you really want a basic exercise plan, he recommends a schedule that involves working your heart, lungs and large muscle groups, reasonably hard to achieve results.
Peripheral Heart Action Training for All
If you are not sure whether you will be able to work your body hard enough as you are just a beginner, then you can try the simpler exercises shared by Matt. It’s called Peripheral Heart Action (PHA) training. This training was introduced by him in the UK about 20 years back. In this training, you get very short rest periods between different types of exercises and you switch your focus on upper and lower body exercises as it maximizes the circulation. The rest period between two exercises is just 15 to 20 seconds only, reports Daily Mail.
The benefits of this training routine are mentioned over here.
- It burns calories faster
- It boosts your heart and respiration rate
- It raises your metabolism rate
- It enhances strength and muscle cell stress in all areas
- It improves your posture
- It shapes your body
The exercises you need to do as a part of the Peripheral Heart Action Training are mentioned here.
- Glute Bridge
- Reverse Flyes
- Reverse Lunges
- Shoulder Press
- Mountain Climbers
- Plank with leg raises
- Side Planks
Things to Remember
The owner of a multifaceted fitness and nutrition empire wants you to remember a few things when you are following the aforementioned training method. They are listed over here.
- Some of these exercises need to use a weight while exercising. You don’t need a dumbbell, just use a 500 ml water bottle and you’ll be fine.
- Be sure to start out slowly and then increase the intensity of the exercises. If you are a beginner, you should perform each exercise for just 30 seconds. If you are at an intermediate level, you can do them for 45 seconds each and if you are on an advanced level, you can do each exercise for 60 seconds.
- The rest period between each exercise should decline with your experience level. Newbies can rest for 20 seconds, intermediate level persons for 15 seconds and advanced level persons for 10 seconds.
- After you have done the entire routine, you can rest for 90 seconds, no matter what your experience level is.
- Beginners should do this routine at least twice and the intermediate and advanced level people should do it at least 3 times in one session. You must do a session of this training at least two to four times a week.
Being Fit Means Less Effort in Exercising
Many people have the misconception that an unfit person gets better results from exercising than a fit person. This is so not true. The fitness expert believes that though the success achieved by a fit person is slightly less visible when compared to the success achieved by an unfit person, the fit person has got a better chance at getting fitter.
Let’s take an example, Person A is unfit and he shed 2 pounds in one week and considers it to be a big success. Person B is fit but and he loses only one pound after a week because he doesn’t have extra pounds to shed. Similarly, Person A would have to spend more time in learning new things like running and sprinting together while person B would easily do that as he/she is in the habit of working towards fitness.
Gym Wear is Good If You Use It Right
The best selling fitness author believes that though there are some very good quality gym wear available in the market which are promoted by celebrities like Rihanna, Kate Hudson, and Beyonce, the real use of it should be done in the gym. There is no point wearing the gym wear if you aren’t planning to hit the gym but plan to go a club and indulge in bad habits like unhealthy eating and cigarette smoking.