|David Duchovny Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 0½ in|
|Date of Birth||August 7, 1960|
David Duchovny is an American actor, writer, director, producer, novelist, and singer-songwriter who is best known for portraying roles such as Fox Mulder on The X-Files and Hank Moody on Californication. He has also appeared in a variety of other TV shows and films such as Better Things, Twin Peaks, S*x and the City, Space: Above and Beyond, Louder Than Words, The X-Files: I Want to Believe, Things We Lost in the Fire, and Return to Me. David has published books like Miss Subways (2018) and Truly Like Lightning (2021).
David William Duchovny
New York City, New York, United States
David Duchovny was educated at Grace Church School in Manhattan. He then moved to another institute in Manhattan, The Collegiate School For Boys.
After completing high school, he got enrolled at the Princeton University and graduated in 1982 with an A.B in English literature.
Thereafter, he got admission at the Yale University for post-graduation studies and completed Masters of Arts studies in English Literature. He then started his Ph.D. work.
However, he didn’t complete his Ph.D. studies and his thesis work on Magic and Technology in Contemporary Fiction and Poetry remained incomplete.
Actor, film director and producer, writer, singer-songwriter
- Father – Amram Ami Duchovny (Writer and Publicist for American Jewish Committee)
- Mother – Margaret Meg Miller (School Administrator and Teacher)
- Siblings – Daniel Ducovny (Brother) (Director), Laurie Birnbaum (Sister), Jonathan Sahula (Step-Brother)
Affirmative Entertainment Group
Folk rock, alternative rock
6 ft 0½ in or 184 cm
86 kg or 190 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
David Duchovny has dated –
- Ashley Judd – David Duchovny was RUMORed to be dating actress Ashley Judd in the early 90’s after meeting through mutual friends.
- Maggie Wheeler – David started going out with actress Maggie Wheeler after first meeting her while working in the 1989 film New Year’s Day.
- Sheryl Lee (1991-1992) – David grew close to actress Sheryl Lee while working together in the erotic drama series, Red Shoe Diaries. They started going out in 1991 and went out for more than one year before David moved onto actress Mandy Komlosy.
- Mandy Komlosy (1992) – David had a steamy and passionate eight-month affair with Mandy Komlosy. They met at a dinner party thrown by their agent in Los Angeles and connected instantly. They had a very intense and sexual relationship and according to Mandy, they had s*x sessions that lasted for up to five hours and even made love on the roadside.
- Sharon Stone (1993) – In 1993, the actors Sharon and David had a fling with each other.
- Perrey Reeves (1993-1995) – Duchovny had an affair with actress Perrey Reeves, with whom he has worked in Red Shoe Diaries (1992) and The X-Files (1998). They were in a live-in relationship until ending their affair in 1995.
- Lisa Loeb (1995) – David started going out with singer Lisa Loeb after being introduced by The X-Files director Rob Bowman at a private event in Vancouver. Shortly after meeting, they attended a music concert together and indulged in long phone calls before moving to a serious stage of the relationship.
- Dana Wheeler-Nicholson (1995-1996) – Duchovny started going out with her The X-Files co-star Dana Wheeler-Nicholson in 1995. They were very public about their relationship and were spotted at a number of events, including Golden Globe Awards.
- Winona Ryder (1996) – Duchovny had a fling with actress Winona Ryder in 1996.
- Téa Leoni (1997-2008 and 2010-2011) – After dating Téa Leoni for some time, Duchovny got married to her in an intimate ceremony in May 1997. The couple welcomed two children, daughter Madelaine West Duchovny in April 1999 and son Kyd Miller Duchovny in June 2002. Throughout their relationship, it was rumored that David had been unfaithful to his wife. In August 2008, he checked into rehab to take care of his s*x addiction. About two months later, their representatives issued a statement stating that they had separated months ago. They got together again in 2010 as they sought to salvage their 13 years long marriage. However, it didn’t work out as they separated in June 2011. Their divorce was finalized in June 2014.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Scottish ancestry on his mother’s side while he is of Jewish descent on his father’s side.
- Good looks
- Cleft in chin
He is speculated to be wearing a shoe of size 12 (US).
David has been featured in TV commercials for these brands –
- Sprint ION (voiceover)
- Pedigree Petfoods (voiceover)
- Metro grocery chain (voiceover)
- The Ford Mondeo
- Labatt Ice
- McKenna Bourbon
- Lowenbrau Beer
David has also done print modeling work for Saks Fall 1995 catalog.
Best Known For
- Playing the role of FBI agent, Fox Mulder in sci-fi horror action drama, The X-Files (1998).
- Portraying oversexed writer Hank Moody in a comedy-drama series Californication from 2007 to 2014.
In 2015, David released his first music album titled Hell or Highwater. He was criticized for his vocals by The Washington Times critic.
He first appeared in the rom-com Working Girl as Tess’s friend in 1988.
First TV Show
David made his TV show debut in 1990 with serial drama Twin Peaks as DEA Agent Denise.
David Duchovny Favorite Things
- Film Stars – Al Pacino, Meryl Streep, Marlon Brando, Humphrey Bogart, Robert Duvall
- Zoo Animal – Elephant
- Books – American Pastoral (By Philip Roth), The Crying of Lot 49 (By Thomas Pynchon), Collected Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson, American Tabloid (By James Ellroy), The Great Gatsby (By F. Scott Fitzgerald)
- MLB Team – New York Yankees
Source – AceShowbiz.com, Oprah.com, IMDb.com
David Duchovny Facts
- His last name, “Duchovny” means “spiritual” in Slovak and Czech languages.
- In 1996, People magazine selected him in the list of “50 Most Beautiful People in the World.”
- While he was married to Tea Leoni, he couldn’t wear his wedding ring as he is allergic to metal.
- David holds the distinction of being the first actor to have won a Golden Globe award in a TV drama as well as TV comedy category.
- In January 2016, he was honored with his own star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at the famous Hollywood Boulevard.
- During his high school and college days, he participated in scholarship-level basketball games.
- In 1993, he slapped a lawsuit demanding $25 million in a settlement against The X-Files producers and syndicators for being cheated out of his share of profits from the series.
- Until 2007, he was practicing vegetarianism. However, he still refrains from eating any kind of red meat.
- The Academy of American Poets awarded his poem an honorable mention at the college-level prize competition in 1982.
- While studying at Princeton, he was a member of the undergraduate eating club Charter Club at the university.
- David used to have 3 dogs and 4 cats as a child.
- He is a huge fan of the science fiction television series, Doctor Who.