|Dejan Lovren Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1989|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Zenica, SFR Yugoslavia
He went to a school in Munich, Germany and Karlovac, Croatia.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Sasa Lovren
- Mother – Silva Lovren
- Siblings – Davor Lovren (Younger Brother)
Dejan is signed with firsteleven ISM.
Defender (Centre Back)
He can also play as side and midfielder.
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
185 lbs or 84 kg
Girlfriend / Spouse
Since 2012, Dejan Lovren is married to Anita Lovren with whom he has two kids, a daughter Elena, and a son Josip (b. June 21, 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
Tattoos on his both arms
Best Known For
Being a member of the Croatian national team with more than 30 appearances.
First Soccer Match
On May 10, 2006, Lovren debuted for Dinamo Zagreb in a match against NK Varteks Varazdin.
Dejan played his first official match for the French side Lyon on January 24, 2010, against AS Monaco. Eventually, Lyon lost the match by 2-1.
Lovren had his debut for Southampton on August 17, 2013 in a match against FC Liverpool.
On August 10, 2014, Lovren appeared in his first competitive match for the Reds against Borussia Dortmund. He scored the second goal for his team and contributed in the 4-0 victory.
Dejan achieved his first national team cap on November 8, 2009 against Qatar.
- Aerial Duels
Dejan has no significant weaknesses in his game.
First TV Show
Other than soccer matches, Dejan was first seen in the news show South Today in just 1 episode dated October 21, 2013.
Dejan Lovren Facts
- Dejan represented Croatia in the 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil.
- Because of the Bosnian war, his family moved from Zenica to Munich, Germany when Lovren was 3.
- During his stay in Munich, which lasted for 7 years, Dejan learned to speak German fluently. Eventually, the Lovren family was forced to shift back to Croatia because they didn’t possess the needed documents to live in Germany.
- He began his soccer career in the youth teams NK Ilovac and NK Karlovac.
- He joined GNK Dinamo Zagreb in 2004.
- In January 2010, Dejan penned a four and a half years deal with the French side Olympique Lyonnais for the price of €8 million-plus €1.5 million as a stimulant fee for greater results and motivation.
- In 2010, Lovren was featured in the list of Don Balon for the 100 best young soccer players on the planet.
- On January 23, 2012, Dejan continued his contract with Lyon for two more seasons.
- He moved to the English Premier League team Southampton on June 14, 2013. Lovren penned a deal worth €9.6 million.
- On July 27, 2014, Liverpool confirmed that Dejan joined their squad after he signed a four-year contract worth €20 million, which at the time made him the most expensive defender ever bought by Liverpool.
- He was not on the Croatian team for the UEFA Euro 2016 because of his personal problems with the manager Ante Cacic.
- He co-owns a fashion label by the name of Russell Brown with Lovro Krcar. His company’s headquarters are in Croatia.