|Dermot Kennedy Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||December 13, 1991|
Dermot Kennedy is an Irish singer and songwriter who has released a solo studio album titled Without Fear (October 2019). He is perhaps best known for his 2019 single Outnumbered and his 2020 single Giants.
Dermot Joseph Kennedy
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Dublin, Leinster, Ireland
Dermot, after his high school graduation, had joined Maynooth University, a constituent university of the National University of Ireland in County Kildare. He had studied classical music there for 3 years.
- Others – Mary Kennedy (Paternal Aunt) (TV Personality, Former Newscaster)
He is represented by Tap Music, Talent Management Agency, London, England, United Kingdom.
Pop, Rock, Folk
- Interscope Records
- Island Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
76 kg or 167.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dermot has dated –
- Aisling Finnegan (2015-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of British descent.
- Toned physique
- Short-cropped hair
- Often sports a thin stubble
Dermot Kennedy Facts
- Dermot had started playing guitar by the time he had turned 10 years old. He had also started penning his own tracks a few years later. However, he had started seriously thinking about a career in music only by the time he had turned 17. His parents were supportive of his musical inclinations and he has often mentioned that his father used to frequently drive him into Dublin to perform at open mic nights.
- He had started his career by busking and his career had not become viable until his mid-20s. In the early 2010s, he had started a band called Shadows and Dust with 3 other members. Although the experience was personally rewarding for him, the band had split up in 2015.
- In 2018 and 2019, he had toured the United States, Australia, and Europe to sold-out audiences. In 2018, he had also been voted by listeners as NPR Slingshot‘s ‘Best New Artist of The Year’.
- In January 2020, he had been nominated in the category of ‘International Male Solo Artist of the Year’ at the BRIT Awards, the 40th edition of the British Phonographic Industry‘s annual pop music awards.
- In early 2020, he had collaborated with several other artists for a compilation album titled Songs For Australia, curated by Australian singer-songwriter Julia Stone to help raise proceeds in aid of organizations helping Australia recover from their bushfire crisis.
- During the COVID-19 pandemic, he had participated in Billboard‘s Live At-Home concert. The concert had helped raise money for the non-profit organization Housing Works that fights AIDS and homelessness. He had also organized his own virtual concert, Sound Waves, in May 2020, in support of Solidarity Response Fund, a global fund for supporting the work of the WHO in containing the COVID-19 pandemic
- In September 2020, he had participated in the Soccer Aid (a British charity annual (formerly biennial) event) match for the first time, joining several other celebrities in raising money for UNICEF UK. Representing the World XI team against England, he had helped them win their 2nd match in succession, scoring one of the team’s 3 goals. He was adjudged the ‘Player of the Match’.
Featured Image by Dermot Kennedy / Instagram