|Dermot Mulroney Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in|
|Date of Birth||October 31, 1963|
Dermot Mulroney is an American actor and musician who is mainly known for playing various roles in films such as Sunset (1988), Young Guns (1988), Staying Together (1989), Survival Quest (1989), and August: Osage County (2013). He is also a skilled musician as he played the cello, guitar, and mandolin with the band Low & Sweet Orchestra, which released an album in 1996 titled Goodbye to All That.
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
Los Angeles, California, United States
Dermot went to the Maury Elementary School. Then, he started going to the Interlochen Arts Camp as a cellist. Later, he took admission in the T. C. Williams High School from where he graduated in 1981.
He is also the alumnus of Northwestern University, where he attended the school of speech in Evanston, Illinois, United States and graduated from there in 1985.
Actor, Musician, Singer
- Father – Michael Mulroney (Law professor and amateur racecar driver)
- Mother – Ellen Mulroney (Homemaker)
- Siblings – Moira (Sister), Conor (Brother), Kieran (Younger Brother) (Actor), and Sean (Older Brother) (Musician)
- Others – Alphonse James Mulroney (Paternal Grandfather), Genevieve E. Moran (Paternal Grandmother), Donald J. Goen (Maternal Grandfather), Evelyn M. Byrne (Maternal Grandmother), Franco Catullé (Father-in-law), Emy Cesaroni (Mother-in-law), Michele Mulroney (Sister-in-law), Elizabeth Keener (Former Brother-in-law).
He is represented by William Morris Endeavor Entertainment (Talent and Literary Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
Double Bass, Cello, Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals
5 ft 9.5 in or 176.5 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Dermot has dated –
- Catherine Keener (1987-2007) – Dermot first met actress Catherine Keener in 1987 during the making of the survival film Survival Quest. Soon after, they started dating and the couple got married in 1990 after dating for almost 3 years. They have a son together named Clyde Keener Mulroney (b. June 21, 1999), who is a singer. After 15 years of their marriage, the duo separated in May 2005. Dermot filed for divorce on June 11, 2007. They officially divorced on December 19, 2007.
- Tharita Catulle (2007-Present) – Dermot started dating producer Tharita Catulle in 2007 after his divorce became final with his former wife Catherine Keener. The couple got married in 2008. They have 2 daughters together named Mabel Ray Mulroney (b. 2008) and Sally June Mulroney (b. 2009). They can be seen together at various events including the 2016 TrevorLIVE fundraiser event at The Beverly Hilton hotel in Beverly Hills, California on December 4, 2016.
Race / Ethnicity
He has Irish and German ancestry.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘Light Brown’ and ‘Black’.
Due to his advancing age, his hair has turned ‘Gray’.
- Amber eyes
- Dimpled chin
- Scar on his upper lip
- He has appeared in Ford Warriors in Pink TV commercials in 2016.
- Dermot also appeared on the Calendar for Pirelli in 1998.
Best Known For
- Playing various roles in the films such as Sunset (1988), Young Guns (1988), Staying Together (1989), Survival Quest (1989), Samantha (1991), Where the Day Takes You (1992), My Best Friend’s Wedding (1997), About Schmidt (2002), Griffin & Phoenix (2006), and August: Osage County (2013)
- Appearing as Francis Gibson on the NBC’s Crisis in 2014
As a Singer
He has contributed his voice in various country songs including I Can’t Understand, Streets Of Love, and Someone Else’s Used Guitar in 1993 via Giant Records.
He made his theatrical film debut as Michael Alperin in the crime mystery thriller film Sunset in 1988.
First TV Show
Dermot made his first TV show appearance as Max on the musical drama series Fame in 1986.
Dermot has a very fit and toned body. The secret behind his fitness is jogging and running on a regular basis. The actor was spotted jogging in the Santa Monica area of Los Angeles, California in 2012 where he stripped off his T-shirt to boast his toned body.
Dermot Mulroney Facts
- He used to play cello in elementary school and city youth orchestras, and he also acted in children’s community theater.
- Dermot’s father was a law professor at Villanova University School of Law and an amateur racecar driver.
- Mulroney reads stories on the WBEZ Chicago Public Radio every now and then.
- He is a skilled cellist and he even played alongside Boyd Tinsley in 2005 for Alanis Morissette’s show at the House of Blues in Hollywood.
- Dermot used to play in the bands named “The Low & Sweet Orchestra” and “Cranky George” in the past.
- He used to be a part of Phi Gamma Delta fraternity at the Northwestern University.
- Mulroney has a scar on his upper lip, which he got after falling on a piece of glass when he was only 3 years old.
- Dermot appeared opposite to his brother Kieran in the film Career Opportunities in 1991.
- He has also directed films like Love, Wedding, Marriage (2011).
- He doesn’t have any official social media account.
Featured Image by GabboT / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0