|Derrick Rose Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 3 in|
|Date of Birth||October 4, 1988|
Derrick Rose is a basketball player who plays in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for Minnesota Timberwolves. In 2011, he became the youngest player to get titled with the “NBA Most Valuable Player Award”. Derrick who plays as a ‘Point Guard’ has three older brothers. Representing the USA, his team won a Gold medal at the FIBA World Cup in 2010 and 2014 respectively.
Derrick Martell Rose
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Derrick Rose owns a multimillion condominium in the Trump Towers in Downtown Chicago.
In 2003, Derrick Rose got admission at the Simeon Career Academy. After completing his high school education from the academy, he got enrolled at the University of Memphis Tigers on a scholarship.
Professional Basketball Player
- Father – Unknown
- Mother – Brenda Rose
- Siblings – Dwayne Rose (Older Brother), Reggie Rose (Older Brother), Allan Rose (Older Brother)
Derrick Rose is represented by
- B. J. Armstrong
- Los Angeles based Wasserman Media Group Llc. (Sports Management Agency)
1 – Chicago Bulls, Cleveland Cavaliers
25 – Minnesota Timberwolves, New York Knicks
6 ft 3 in or 190.5 cm
86 kg or 189.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Derrick Rose has dated
- Mieka Reese (2007-2013) – Derrick Rose started going out with Mieka Reese in the early months of 2007. They had started dating while they were studying in high school. In October 2012, she gave birth to their son, Derrick Jr. In October 2013, she released a public statement revealing that she and Derrick had decided to end their relationship.
- Marisa Miller (2009) – In October 2009, the Chicago based tabloids claimed that Rose was having an affair with model Marisa Miller. At an NBA event, she had even nominated Derrick Rose among the Chicago’s sexiest athletes.
- Alaina Anderson (2016-Present) – In 2016, he started dating Instagram star, Alaina Anderson. They got engaged in the early months of 2018. In April 2018, she gave birth to their daughter, Layla.
Race / Ethnicity
- Tall Height
- Prominent Chin
- Square Jawline
In December 2011, Derrick Rose extended his existing endorsement deal with Adidas with a new deal worth $250 million for over 10 years.
He has also done endorsement work for Chicago based Giordano’s Pizza. He is also the part-owner of the eatery.
The other brands and products endorsed by Rose include –
- Wilson Sporting Goods
- Skullcandy Headphones
- Force Factor Sports Drinks
- Chicago Nissan dealership
He is a devout Christian.
Best Known For
His high profile stint with the NBA giants Chicago Bulls. He especially sparkled in the early phase of his stint with Bulls, during which he managed to win multiple selections in NBA All-Star team. He struggled with knee injuries thereafter.
First Basketball Match
He made his professional basketball debut in the 2008-09 season.
He hasn’t been cast in any theatrical film till now.
First TV Show
in 2008, Derrick Rose made his first TV show appearance on the sports talk show, Rome Is Burning.
In a bid to take care of his injury troubles, Derrick overhauled his training regime. He opted to adopt a more well-rounded training plan to keep himself fit and in top condition. He still works hard on the court, giving his everything in various game-related drills.
He plays the game regularly to work on his endurance and conditioning. He also works on stabilizing muscles that are key in injury prevention. He has started doing yoga about once or twice a week. He sprints outside to improve his explosiveness and speed. Plus, when he has time, he heads out for hiking.
Overall, he tries to keep his body guessing.
Derrick Rose Favorite Things
- Guilty Pleasure – Candies
- Meal – Pizza
- Pizza Restaurant – Home Run Inn
- Basketball Player – Michael Jordan
- Sport Apart From Basketball – Baseball
- Car – Phantom Rolls Royce
- Vacation Place – Hawaii
- Snacks – Twizzlers
- TV Show – CSI
- Drink – Strawberry daiquiri
- Subject In School – English
- Music Artist – Lil Wayne
- Movie – Seven Pounds (2008)
- Video Game – Xbox 2K9
- Greatest Fear – Spiders
Source – Spoon University, NBA
Derrick Rose Facts
- As soon as he started making waves in the Chicago basketball scene, his mother decided to limit his outside interactions in a bid to keep him away from bad influence and street agents.
- After his high school graduation, he was heavily courted by University of Illinois and Indiana University. But he decided to go to University of Memphis Tigers because of their better record in producing NBA players.
- In April 2008, Derrick decided to forgo his remaining 3 years of university basketball and opted to sign up for the NBA draft.
- In 2009, it was alleged that Rose was at the center of grading controversy as it was claimed that his grades were changed at the high school to improve his college prospects.
- In 2008, he was selected as the first overall pick by the Chicago Bulls in the NBA draft.
- In 2009, he became the third Chicago Bulls player after Michael Jordan and Elton Brand to win Rookie of the Year award. He was also selected in the NBA All-Rookie First Team.
- In 2009, Derrick became the second player after legendary Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to record 36 points as a rookie in the playoff debut. Abdul-Jabbar had recorded the same score in 1970.
- In his playoff debut, he also became the second player after Chris Paul to have scored 35 points as well as 10 assists.
- In January 2010, ESPN reported that his jersey was the 4th best-selling jersey in NBA.
- In May 2011, he became the first 22 years old NBA player to be declared the NBA Most Valuable Player. He was 22 years and 6 months old at that time. The previous record holder was Wes Unseld, who was 23 years and 2 months old when he was named MVP in 1969.
- Rose also became the second Chicago Bulls player after legendary Michael Jordan to be named the NBA Most Valuable Player.
- In December 2011, he signed a new 5-year contract extension with Bulls. The extension was worth $94.8 million and was 30% of Bulls’ salary cap, which was the maximum allowed as per NBA rules.
- In 2012, he tore ACL in his left knee in the first game of the playoffs against Philadelphia 76ers. He had to undergo surgery in May to start his recovery.
- In 2016, he was the subject of the federal civil lawsuit as it was claimed that Rose and his two friends had sexually assaulted a woman after breaking into her Los Angeles apartment. He and his friends were later cleared of any wrongdoing by the jury.
- Visit his official website @ drosehoops.com.
- Follow him on Facebook and Twitter.
Featured Image by Julieta Álvarez Leal / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0