|Devin Sola Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||May 7, 1990|
Devin Sola is an American musician, fashion line creator, and social media star best known as the bassist for the American heavy metal band Motionless in White between November 27, 2011, and May 4, 2018. He 1st appeared with the band on a tour in 2011, after a previous guitarist, Thomas “TJ” Bell, left the band and a fellow band member Ricky “Horror” Olson had to switch from playing the bass guitar to playing the rhythm guitar in his place. Initially, he just picked up the bass guitar and was introduced as a substitute but was officially confirmed as a band member and bassist on November 27, 2011. He also appeared in the video Puppets (The First Snow), which was a compilation of their tours throughout 2011. After 2 well-received singles, Devil’s Night and If It’s Dead, We’ll Kill It, he contributed to the release of the band’s 2nd studio album, Infamous, on November 13, 2012.
A little less than 2 years later, his band released their 3rd studio album titled Reincarnate on September 15, 2014. Following the release, Devin and his band toured with bands such as Lacuna Coil, Devilment, A Day to Remember, Slipknot, Lamb of God, and Bullet for My Valentine in late 2014 and during the summer of 2015. After a statement in 2016 that the 4th studio album won’t be released through Fearless Records, which they parted with, but through Roadrunner Records, Devin, as part of Motionless in White, released his 4th studio album, titled Graveyard Shift, on May 5, 2017. After a hugely successful The Graveyard Shift Tour in late 2017 and early 2018 in Europe, Devin announced the departure from the band on May 4, 2018, due to personal mental health problems. He also created a fashion line Worn Doll starting in 2012 and created various art, costumes, and makeup under the name LonesomeGhosts.
Ghost, Ghost Rider, LonesomeGhosts
California, United States
Anaheim, California, United States
Musician, Social Media Star, Fashion Line Creator
- Siblings – He has a younger sister.
Metalcore, Gothic Metal, Industrial Metal, Nu Metal, Melodic Metalcore
Bass Guitar, Guitar, Vocals
- Fearless Records (2011-2016)
- Roadrunner Records (2016-2018)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Boyfriend / Spouse
Devin Sola has dated –
- Kylie Devyn (2011-Present) – On December 25, 2011, he began dating makeup artist and social media star Kylie Devyn. She was a big fan of his band, Motionless in White. In fact, she created her Twitter account in February 2011 and tagged Ricky “Horror” Olson in her 1st tweet with a caption: “totally obsessed myself hah how can’t anyone be they make amazing music ^_^.” Both she and Devin are from California, love the gothic/horror style of dressing and applying makeup, and are also born in the sign of Taurus. They also enjoy viewing art exhibits around the United States and are big fans of Harry Potter books and movie franchise. She also called him “her biscuit” on a number of occasions and once said that the normal state in their relationship was him being a freak, while she swoons over his freakiness.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of American descent.
His freaky costumes and “corpse” makeup
Best Known For
- Being a part of a heavy metal band Motionless in White between 2011 and 2018
- Releasing 3 studio albums with Motionless in White titled Infamous (2012), Reincarnate (2014), and Graveyard Shift (2017)
- His social media fanbase with more than 200k followers on Instagram and more than 100k followers on Twitter
As part of a heavy metal band that he joined in November 2011, Motionless in White, Devin Sola released his 1st studio album, which was the band’s 2nd, titled Infamous on November 13, 2012. The release of the album through Fearless Records was met with very positive reviews from contemporary music critic with a rating of between 3.5 out of 5 stars and a maximum of 5 stars in most cases. It consisted of tracks titled Black Damask (The Fog), Devil’s Night, A-M-E-R-I-C-A ft. Michael Vampire, Burned at Both Ends, The Divine Infection, Puppets 2 (The Rain) ft. Björn Strid, Sinematic, If It’s Dead, We’ll Kill It ft. Brandan Schieppati, Hatef*ck, Synthetic Love, Underdog, and Infamous. The deluxe version, released on June 11, 2013, also included 2 additional tracks, Fatal and Sick from the Melt ft. Trevor Friedrich, as well as 4 remixes of already-released songs.
Devin Sola Favorite Things
- Movies – The Shining (1980), Insidious Movie Franchise (2010-2018), The Conjuring (2013)
- Musician – Rob Zombie
Source – HorrorHound.com
Devin Sola Facts
- He suffered a traumatic experience when he saw his cousin commit suicide by shooting, which left him with PTSD and he was startled by banging noises.
- His band’s genre was also sometimes called horror metal especially due to the presence of keyboard effects that added a “dark and uneasy atmosphere”.
- Music critics noticed the resemblance of his 1st studio album, and band’s 2nd, Infamous, to that of a rock group Marilyn Manson led by Marilyn Manson himself.
- He used bass guitars such as Ibanez SR1205 and SR1305, Ibanez ATK, and Ernie Ball Music Man Stingray.
- He has been praised for his guttural or throaty voice when he provided backing vocals for Motionless in White.
- Devin was a fan of the horror genre and loves portraying some of his favorite movie characters such as Leatherface, Sweeney Todd, The Nun, as well as Sander Cohen from the video game Bioshock.
- Despite being a huge fan of the horror genre, he hates torture/kills movie franchises such as Saw or Hostel. Devin just doesn’t feel intrigued by the premise and enjoys the constant feeling of dread, unnatural, and otherworldly in movies instead.
- Shortly after his departure from the band, on May 5, 2018, Devin started uploading content to his YouTube channel. The videos showcased the process of creating his favorite horror characters by applying makeup and dressing in costumes to the sound of his favorite music.
- Devin is inspired and motivated to change his appearance by his own craving to see something visually different every time. He hates seeing other performers on stage having the same outfit as they did earlier that day.
- Devin was a guest speaker on The Every Day is Halloween podcast during the 34th episode which was released on June 3, 2019.
- Visit his official website @ worndoll.com.
- Follow him on Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Patreon.
Featured Image by Stefan Brending / Wikimedia / CC BY-SA 3.0