|Rob Zombie Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1965|
|Spouse||Sheri Moon Zombie|
Rob Zombie is an American filmmaker and musician. He is well known for forming the metal band ‘White Zombie’. After releasing up to 4 albums with the band, He later went on to begin his solo career. He released his first solo single in 1996 titled Hands of Death (Burn Baby Burn) that earned a nomination for 1996 Grammy Awards for “Best Metal Performance.” His solo debut album was released just a year after releasing his single. Rob’s debut album sold several million copies worldwide. He disbanded his heavy metal band a month after his album Hellbilly Deluxe (1997) was released. He later released a remix album for his debut album which contained some of his songs from the album.
Apart from singing, Rob Zombie is also very active in the acting industry. He is a television actor, writer, director, and film producer. His love for horror movies is well represented in his works on screen. In 2000, he directed the movie House of 1000 Corpses, which was a horror movie. He also directed the sequel to the movie Devil’s Rejects which was released in 2005. It received better reviews than the first movie. Rob Zombie has also played several roles in movies such as Airheads (1994), Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1997), Justice League (2003), Slither (2006), Guardians of the Galaxy (2014), and Mr. Pickles (2016).
Robert Bartleh Cummings
Rob Straker, Rob Zombie, Robert Wolfgang Zombie
Haverhill, Massachusetts, United States
- Los Angeles, California, United States
- Woodbury, Connecticut, United States
Rob Zombie attended Haverhill High School in Haverhill, Massachusetts in 1983. He later moved and enrolled in Parsons School of Design in New York City, United States. Afterward, he attended Pratt Institute in New York City, New York, United States.
Singer-songwriter, Musician, Screenwriter, Film Director, Film Producer, Record Producer, Programmer, Composer, Actor
- Father – Robert Cummings (Carnival worker)
- Mother – Louise Cummings (Carnival worker)
- Siblings – Michael David Cummings aka Spider One (Younger brother) (Singer)
Rob Zombie is represented by –
- Andy Gould Management, Inc. (Talent Management Company), Los Angeles, California, Unites States
- David Fox (Attorney)
- United Talent Agency (Talent Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States
Heavy metal, Hard rock, Industrial metal, Shock rock, Nu metal
Vocals, Guitar, Bass, Drums, Saxophone, Keyboards, Programming
- Roadrunner Records
- Loud & Proud Records
- Geffen Records
- Zodiac Swan Records
- Nuclear Blast Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
83 kg or 183 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Rob Zombie has dated –
- Sean Yseult – Sean Yseult is an American singer best known for her rock music. She attended Parsons School of Design. The period Sean and Rob began dating still remains unknown but he met her when he was studying at Parsons School of Design in New York. They dated for a few years before ending the relationship in 1991. Sean Yseult later married a musician named Chris Lee.
- Sheri Moon Zombie (1992-Present) – Rob Zombie began dating Sheri Moon in 1992 before finally getting married to her on October 31, 2002, after over 9 years of spending time together.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Scottish and/or English descent.
- Dreadlocks on his head
- Keeps long beard
- Heavily tattooed body
Rob Zombie has endorsed Woolite detergent sometime in the past.
Best Known For
- Being the founding member of the heavy metal band known as ‘White Zombie’
- Directing the horror film House of 1000 Corpses (2000)
- Selling more than 15 million albums worldwide since the beginning of his career as a solo artist
In August 1998, Rob Zombie released his debut solo album, Hellbilly Deluxe. The album sold more than 3 million copies worldwide and contained up to 3 singles that were loved by critics and fans worldwide.
Rob Zombie made his first theatrical film appearance as White Zombie Vocalist in the comedy film Airheads in 1993.
First TV Show
Rob Zombie made his first TV show appearance as Himself on Howard Stern in 1996.
Rob Zombie Favorite Things
- Horror Movies – Black Christmas (1974)
- Horror Sub-Genre – Zombies
- Animated Sitcom – Groucho Marx
- Pets – Dogs and Cats
- Horror Sitcom – The Munsters
Source – Wikipedia
Rob Zombie Facts
- He is the older brother of the lead vocalist of the rock band Powerman 5000, Spider One.
- His parents, Robert and Louise worked at the carnival before their tents were set on fire due to a protest that broke out at the carnival. it involved a lot of deaths and he says that he was lucky to have escaped with his parents.
- When he was much younger, Rob Zombie always had a strong interest in horror movies and things of the dark. Growing up with that fascination shaped him to what he is today.
- Before White Zombie became very successful, Rob Zombie worked in the television entertainment industry as a production assistant for a television series, Pee-wee’s Playhouse.
- Rob Zombie founded the band, White Zombie with a girl he met in college, Sean Yseult, who later became his girlfriend. They dated for several years before breaking up but both of them still stayed on the band till it was eventually stopped when he decided to focus on his solo career.
- The final album released by White Zombie in 1995, Astro-Creep: 2000 – Songs of Love, Destruction and Other Synthetic Delusions of the Electric Head was their first and last album to ever reach Billboard 200 top 10.
- He legally had his name changed from Robert Cummings to Rob Zombie in 1996.
- On his debut solo album, Rob worked with artists such as Charlie Closer and John Tempesta, who was also a member of his band.
- Rob Zombie’s original directorial debut The Crow: 2037 was never released. It was a futuristic film which he wrote. He had several quarrels with the producers and was eventually fired from the film.
- He owns a record label known as “Zombie-A-Go-Go”.
- His once helped his brother, Spider One to manage his rock band, Powerman 5000.
- On the cover of his remix album, American Made Music to Strip By (1999), his wife Sheri Moon Zombie was there.
- Rob Zombie has a pair of boots that he has been putting on for 20 years.
- He is close friends with Ozzy Osbourne, James Gunn, and Alice Cooper.
- There was a rumor that he was the director of the 2013 horror movie Evil Dead.
- Rob Zombie and his wife are vegetarians.
- He is an animal right activist.
- His metal band White Zombie was named after a film named White Zombie (1932) produced by Bela Lugosi.
- The first movie he directed titled House of 1000 Corpses was inspired by the 1974 horror movie The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
- He is a good artist that draws the illustrations on his CD booklets and also for White Zombie CDs. He also designed a maze for Halloween Horror Nights produced by Universal Studios and the hallucination scene in Beavis and Butt-Head Do America (1996).
- Visit his official website @ robzombie.com.
- Follow Rob Zombie on Instagram and Twitter.
Featured Image by Rob Zombie / Instagram