|John Cameron Mitchell Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||April 21, 1963|
John Cameron Mitchell is an American actor, playwright, screenwriter, voiceover artist, and director. He has been a cast in a variety of shows and movies which include Shrill, Vinyl, Girls, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, The Good Fight, Mozart in the Jungle, The Dreamer of Oz: The L. Frank Baum Story, Law & Order, A Friendship in Vienna, The Twilight Zone, The Stepford Children, Freddy’s Nightmares, Nothing Sacred, Girl 6, and My Entire High School Sinking Into the Sea. Moreover, as a director, John has worked on projects like Rabbit Hole, Hedwig and the Angry Inch, How to Talk to Girls at Parties, GLOW, Lady Grey London, Nurse Jackie, and L.A.dy Dior.
John Cameron Mitchell
El Paso, Texas, United States
Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
John Cameron Mitchell studied in Catholic schools in both Scotland and the United States, including St. Xavier High School in Junction City, Kansas, and St. Pius X High School in Albuquerque, New Mexico, graduating from the latter in 1981.
Then, he attended Northwestern University from 1981 to 1985 but did not graduate.
Actor, Playwright, Screenwriter, Voiceover Artist, Director
- Father – John Henderson Mitchell (U.S. Army major general and the U.S. Commander of West Berlin from 1984 to 1988)
- Mother – Joan Cameron Mitchell (Art Teacher)
- Siblings – Christopher Lloyd (Younger Brother), Colin Mackenzie Mitchell (Younger Brother) (Actor, Writer, Director), Samuel Latham (Younger Brother) (Died in 1977 when John was in 8th grade). John also had an older brother who died at birth.
John Cameron Mitchell has been signed with Jodi Peikoff Law, Law Firm, New York City, New York, United States.
6 ft or 183 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
John Cameron Mitchell has dated –
- Jack Steeb – John was in a relationship with musician Jack Steeb who died in 2004.
Race / Ethnicity
Salt and Pepper
John Cameron Mitchell was the commercial cartoon voice of the “Dunkaroos Kangaroo” for the General Mills snack.
He was raised Roman Catholic.
John Cameron Mitchell Favorite Things
- Some Of His Favorite Films – A Woman Under the Influence (1974), Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964), Fanny and Alexander (1982), The King of Comedy (1982), Nashville (1975), Nights of Cabiria (1957), The Conversation (1974)
Source – IMDb
John Cameron Mitchell Facts
- Owing to his father’s job, John spent his childhood years growing up on a variety of military bases in Kansas, New Mexico, Pennsylvania, and Germany.
- His mother immigrated to the United States at a young age.
- For his first stage role, John was cast as the Virgin Mary in a Nativity musical staged at a Scottish Benedictine boys’ boarding school when he was 11 years old.
- He was 22 years old when he came out as gay to his family and friends in 1985 and then he came out publicly in a New York Times profile in 1992.
- In 2001, John Cameron Mitchell was named as one of People Magazine‘s Breakthrough Stars.
- He is a Radical Faerie.
Featured Image by Marek Procházka / Mezipatra / CC BY-SA 3.0