|Do Kyung-soo Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 7.75 in|
|Date of Birth||January 12, 1993|
Do Kyung-soo is a South Korean singer and actor known for being a member of the popular boy band, Exo. He has released songs like Tell Me What Is Love, Dear My Family, and Don’t Worry. He has done endorsement work for brands like Kolon Sport, Skechers, Samsung, and Baskin-Robbins. Do Kyung-soo has portrayed various important roles in popular TV shows and films like Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds and Room No.7.
D.O., Pororo, The Pop Out Eyes, Orchestra Boy, Umma, Heenjabuja
Goyang, Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
Do Kyung-soo went to the Goyang Poongsan Elementary School. He later got enrolled at the Baekshin Middle School. For his high school education, he attended Baekseok High School.
- Father – Willem-Jan Van Hulst (Professional Painter)
- Mother – His mother was a hairdresser.
- Siblings – Do Seung-soo (Older Brother)
Do Kyung-soo is represented by SM Entertainment.
5 ft 7¾ in or 172 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Do Kyung-soo has refrained from talking about his personal life while interacting with the media, which makes it difficult to take a guess about his love life and dating history.
Race / Ethnicity
On his mother’s side, he has Korean ancestry, while his father is White.
He often tends to dye his hair ‘blonde’, ‘red’ or ‘dark brown’.
- High cheekbones
- Boyish good looks
As a member of EXO, Do Kyung-soo has been featured in the promotional campaigns for the following brands –
- Kolon Sport
- Nature Republic
- IVY Club
- MCM Worldwide
- Lotte World
- Lotte Duty Free
- Kangshifu Ice Tea
- Hats On
- Goobne Chicken
His religious views aren’t known publicly.
Best Known For
- Being one of the main vocalists of the popular Asian boy band, EXO. The band is especially known for its strong appeal in South Korea, where it has sold more than 31 million albums. The band has also been recognized as “Kings of K-pop” and one of the leading boy bands in the world.
- Being cast in one of the important roles in the action drama movie, Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds.
- Having played the lead role in the comedy thriller movie, Room No.7.
In June 2013, his music group released their first studio album, XOXO.
His music group’s first Japanese studio album was Countdown, which was released in January 2018. The album also made Exo the first international group to have their full album and first single at the very top of the Oricon’s weekly chart.
In 2014, he released his first single, Tell Me What Is Love, as a lead artist.
In 2014, he made his theatrical film debut in the South Korean movie, Cart. The movie was featured at the Toronto Film Festival.
First TV Show
In 2012, Do Kyung-soo made his first TV show appearance on the South Korean drama TV series, To The Beautiful You.
His workout routine and diet plan aren’t known.
Do Kyung-soo Favorite Things
His favorite things aren’t known.
Do Kyung-soo Facts
- He started singing while he was studying in the primary school.
- He participated in numerous local singing competitions while he was studying in high school.
- After he won a local singing competition in 2010, he was advised to audition for SM Entertainment.
- While he was studying in last 2 years of high school, he served as a trainee with SM Entertainment. In his audition, he had performed Brown Eyed Soul’s My Story and Na Yoon-kwon’s Anticipation.
- In January 2012, he was made the 8th member of the music band, Exo.
- If he hadn’t become a singer, he would have loved to become a chef.
- He doesn’t have any social media account.
Featured Image by D.O. Argentina / Flickr / Public Domain