|Donna Lynne Champlin Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 3½ in|
|Date of Birth||January 21, 1971|
Donna Lynne Champlin is a well-known American actress who has also branched out as a dancer, singer, director, writer, stand-up comedienne, pianist, composer, musical director, and choreographer during the course of her glorious career. Starting at the age of 4, she has worked in the productions of numerous musicals such as James Joyce’s The Dead, By Jeeves, Hollywood Arms, Sweeney Todd, Billy Elliot the Musical, Very Warm for May, Very Good Eddie, First Lady Suite, Harold and Maude, My Life With Albertine, Bloomer Girl, and Jolson. She has also been a part of numerous shows and movies which include By Jeeves, Law & Order, The Good Wife, Younger, Another Period, The Dark Half, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance), and Downsizing. However, Champlin’s most prominent roles include her performances as Kim Gifford in the comedy web series, Submissions Only, and as Paula Proctor in the romantic musical comedy-drama TV series, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. Donna Lynne Champlin has also garnered a major social media fan base with over 40k followers on Instagram and more than 50k followers on Twitter.
Donna Lynne Champlin
Rochester, New York, United States
She resides in New York City, New York, United States.
Donna Lynne Champlin attended Carnegie Mellon University where she studied Musical Theatre and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in 1993. She also attended Oxford University on the Advanced Acting Scholarship and was trained in Shakespeare and Chekhov.
Actress, Dancer, Singer, Director, Writer, Stand-Up Comedienne, Pianist, Composer, Musical Director, Choreographer
- Father – He was a scientist.
- Mother – Dorothy Champlin (Technical Writer)
- Siblings – Mike (Older Brother)
Donna Lynne Champlin is represented by Talent House and Forward Entertainment.
Vocals, Piano, Flute, Accordion
She released her album, Old Friends, via Parting Glass Productions.
5 ft 3½ in or 161 cm
60 kg or 132 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Donna Lynne Champlin has dated –
- Andrew Arrow (2010-Present) – Donna got married to actor Andrew Arrow in May 2010. They have since been together and parent a son named Charlie Arrow, who can often be seen in Donna’s Instagram uploads.
Race / Ethnicity
Dark Brown (Natural)
- Jolly personality
- Wide forehead
Donna Lynne Champlin has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- Having been cast in a number of shows such as Law & Order (2008-2010) as Sergeant Angelyne Robinson /CSU Det. Halpern, Submissions Only (2011-2014) as Kim Gifford, The Good Wife (2014) as Myra Weymouth, Younger (2015) as Lori, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend (From 2015) as Paula Proctor, and Another Period (2018) as Hortense Bellacourt
- Appearing in a variety of roles in movies like The Dark Half (1993) as Babysitter, By Jeeves (2001) as Honoria Glossop, The Audition (2008) as Monitor, A Secret Promise a.k.a My Father’s Will (2009) as Sandra, Birdman or (The Unexpected Virtue of Ignorance) (2014) as Broadway Lady, and Downsizing (2017) as Leisureland Administrator
- Performing several songs, such as Trapped in a Car with Someone You Don’t Want to Be Trapped in a Car With, I’ve Always Never Believed in You, The Group Mind Has Decided You’re in Love, The Cringe, The Miracle of Birth, No One Else Is Singing My Song, Buttload of Cats, This Song Goes in a Loop Dee Loop, After Everything I’ve Done For You, California Christmastime Face Your Fears, Flooded with Justice, What a Rush to Be a Bride, Let’s Generalize About Men, and Back in Action, in various episodes of the musical comedy series, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend
Her debut album was titled Old Friends and was released in 2009 via Parting Glass Productions. It contained 15 songs which included the songs like Hard Times Come Again No More, Once Upon a December, Cry, Smile, Only Hope, From God’s Arms to My Arms to Yours, When Eleanor Smiles, When the End Comes, and The Parting Glass.
Donna Lynne Champlin made her first theatrical film appearance as a babysitter in the horror mystery thriller adaptation of the Stephen King’s novel of the same name, The Dark Half, in 1993. However, she was not credited for her part.
She made her first credited theatrical film appearance as Sandra in the drama movie, A Secret Promise a.k.a My Father’s Will, in 2009.
First TV Show
Donna Lynne Champlin made her first TV show appearance as herself in an episode of the talk-show series, Live! with Kelly, in 2006.
First Web Show
She made her first web show appearance as Kim Gifford in an episode, titled Dangerous Anaesthesia, of the comedy series, Submissions Only, in 2011.
Donna Lynne Champlin Favorite Things
- Character On The TV Show ‘Crazy Ex-Girlfriend’ – Rebecca
Source – Twitter
Donna Lynne Champlin Facts
- She grew up in Rochester, New York.
- Donna Lynne Champlin started off as a performer at the age of 4.
- During her younger years, she participated in various national and international competitions.
- While growing up, Donna took lessons in voice, piano, flute, theatre, and dance.
- During her time in college, she was cast as Dorothy in a production of the famous musical, The Wizard of Oz, with the nonprofit professional theatre company, Pittsburgh Civic Light Opera.
- In 2007, she won an OBIE Award for her brilliant performance as Cora Flood in the production of The Dark At The Top of the Stairs.
- Donna Lynne Champlin has also been honored with several accolades like the Princess Grace Award and has been titled National Tap Dance Champion 4 consecutive times.
- She has taught acting at several prestigious institutions like the Carnegie Mellon University, the University of Hartford, and New York University.
- She has been a part of a number of musicals which include James Joyce’s The Dead, By Jeeves, Hollywood Arms, Sweeney Todd, Billy Elliot the Musical, Very Warm for May, Very Good Eddie, First Lady Suite, Harold and Maude, My Life With Albertine, Bloomer Girl, Jolson, and No, No Nanette.
- Champlin is also a prominent supporter of various organizations like BC-EFA, the ALSA, and The Actors’ Fund.
- She has also worked as a freelance writer for Comedy Central.
- Donna Lynne Champlin is a certified reflexologist.
- She takes a special interest in the fields of metaphysics, mystic history, and philosophy.
- Follow Donna Lynne Champlin on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by Donna Lynne Champlin / Instagram