|Ed Harris Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 8 in|
|Date of Birth||November 28, 1950|
Ed Harris is an American actor, stage artist, voice actor, director, and producer who is known for his work in movies such as Apollo 13, The Truman Show, The Hours, A History of Violence, Top Gun: Maverick, Pollock, Enemy at the Gates, Masked and Anonymous, The Human Stain, Two Tickets to Paradise, Kodachrome, Gone Baby Gone, The Way Back, The Face of Love, The Adderall Diaries, Man on a Ledge, Rules Don’t Apply, The Lost Daughter, and Resistance. Moreover, he has also been cast in various television shows like Westworld, The Rockford Files, Lou Grant, Hart to Hart, CHiPs, The Stand, Empire Falls, and Delvecchio.
Edward Allen Harris
Englewood Hospital in Englewood, New Jersey, United States
Ed Harris studied at Tenafly High School located in Tenafly in Bergen County and graduated in 1969. During his time there, he played on the football team as well as served as the team’s captain in his senior year. Afterward, he played varsity football at Columbia University and was a teammate of future United States Attorney General Eric Holder.
He later studied drama at the University of Oklahoma and graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree from the California Institute of the Arts in 1975.
Actor, Stage Artist, Voice Actor, Director, Producer
- Father – Robert L. “Bob” Harris (1922–2014) (Sang with the Fred Waring chorus and worked at the bookstore of the Art Institute of Chicago)
- Mother – Margaret (née Sholl) (Travel Agent)
- Siblings – Robert Harris (Older Brother), Paul Harris (Younger Brother)
- Others – Robert Lee Harris (Paternal Grandfather), Annie/Anne Aymett Abernathy (Paternal Grandmother), William Nace Sholl (Maternal Grandfather), Lily Bell Spencer (Maternal Grandmother), John J. Madigan (1918–2012) (Father-In-Law) (A well-known journalist who worked for Newsweek, Host), Dolores (née Hanlon) (1921–1992) (Mother-In-Law) (Administrative Assistant, Amateur Actor, Theatre Artist), Jack Madigan (Brother-In-Law), Jim Madigan (Brother-In-Law)
Ed Harris has been repped by Zeke Productions, Inc., Production Company, Malibu, California, United States.
According to CelebrityNetWorth.com, his net worth has been $25 Million.
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
70 kg or 154.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ed Harris has dated –
- Jeanne Silver – He reportedly hooked up with adult star Jeanne Silver in the past.
- Amy Madigan (1983-Present) – On November 21, 1983, he married actor Amy Madigan while they were filming the drama Places in the Heart (1984) together. The duo has been blessed with one child – a daughter named Lily Dolores Harris (b. May 3, 1993).
Race / Ethnicity
Ed Harris is of English, German, Scottish, and Welsh descent.
Salt and Pepper
- Partially bald head
- Deep commanding voice
- Deep-set eyes
He has been cast in TV commercials for –
- Girls and Boys Town (2001)
- Vauxhall (UK) (2002)
- Toyota Camry 2007 (voice) (April 2006)
- The Home Depot (voice) (2009-2012) (both TV commercials and radio advertisements)
He was raised in a Presbyterian household.
Ed Harris Favorite Things
- Book – John Steinbeck’s The Grapes of Wrath
Source – IMDb
Ed Harris Facts
- He grew up in the New York City suburb of Tenafly, New Jersey, in a middle-class family.
- Ed Harris portrayed the character of painter Jackson Pollock in the 2000 independent biographical drama film Pollock and this role got him nominated for an Academy Award for “Best Actor”.
- He has been a part of many stage productions like Sweet Bird of Youth at Gene Darnyasky Theater in 1980, Simpatico at The Public Theater in 1994, Wrecks at The Public Theater in 2006, and To Kill a Mockingbird at Shubert Theatre from 2019 to 2020.
- For his contributions to motion pictures, Ed Harris was awarded a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame located at 6712 Hollywood Boulevard on March 13, 2015.
Featured Image by Gage Skidmore / Flickr / CC BY-SA 2.0