Edward George Skrein
Ed, The Dinnerlady P.I.M.P., Skrein
Camden, London, England
Ed graduated and received his BA Hons degree from Central Saint Martins in London.
Ed Skrein is signed with these talent agencies –
- ICM Partners
6 ft 1 in or 185 cm
87 kg or 192 pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has a girlfriend with whom he lives in East London. The couple also has a son, named, Marley (born in 2011).
Race / Ethnicity
Skrein has Austrian Jewish and English ancestry.
- Athletic body
- Short hair
Ed Skrein’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 43 in or 109 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 15½ in or 39½ cm
- Waist – 30¼ in or 77 cm
He is the celebrity youth ambassador of The Prince’s Trust.
Best Known For
Playing Frank Martin in the French action thriller film The Transporter: Refueled (2015), as villain Ajax / Francis in the superhero film Deadpool (2016).
Ed also played Daario Naharis in just three episodes of HBO’s fantasy drama series Game of Thrones in 2013.
Skrein, who started his career as a rapper released his debut album The Eat Up in 2007 via Dented Records.
Skrein debuted with the 2008 short film Michelle by musician Plan B.
First TV Show
In television, he appeared as Anthony Walsh in British / French crime drama television series The Tunnel in just three episodes in 2013.
Ed Skrein is a fitness buddy, who was a competitive swimmer before. To prepare him for the role of Frank Martin in The Transporter: Refueled (2015), he still had to work really hard. Though, he was already physically fit and in shape. But, the movie had lot of fighting scenes, which needed him to do the extra work.
Since Skrein had no martial arts experience before, he learned skills such as Krav Maga (Israeli combat skills), Kali (Filipino martial arts), English boxing and other combat skills. You can learn more about him and his fitness at Healthy Celeb.
Ed Skrein Facts
- At the age of 15, Ed started serving as a swimming coach in a local community in London. After starting his acting career, he put a halt on this.
- Ed was born in London’s Camden borough, but also grew up in London’s other boroughs such as Haringey, and Islington.
- As a rapper, he collaborated with many artists such as Asian Dub Foundation, Doc Brown, Foreign Beggars, Plan B, and Dubbledge.
- He replaced actor Jason Statham in the fourth film of the Transporter franchise called The Transporter: Refueled (2015).
- Skrein was replaced by Dutch actor, Michiel Huisman in the Game of Thrones series, where he had played Daario Naharis. As per Skrein, it was due to behind the scenes politics.
- He fell in bad company as a teen but started transforming his life for good when he was stabbed at the age of 17.
- Ed has such a good stamina and endurance power that across the English channel, he once finished a relay swim from England to France. He has even biked 1000 miles for the charity.
- As a rapper, he toured Europe (with the stage name – The Dinnerlady P.I.M.P) after graduating from college.
- Skrein is also a trustee of charity “Each One Teach One.”
- Ed prefers to do all of his stunts.