Eden Michael Hazard
La Louviere, Belgium
He attended Lille’s Sports Academy for two years.
- Father – Thierry Hazard (Former semi-professional footballer) (Sports Teacher)
- Mother – Carine Hazard (Former Female Footballer) (Sports Teacher)
- Siblings – Thorgan Hazard (Younger Brother) (Professional Footballer), Kylian Hazard (Younger Brother) (Professional Footballer), Ethan Hazard (Younger Brother) (Footballer)
Eden’s personal manager is not known.
He has played with FC Chelsea.
Attacking Midfielder / Winger
5 ft 8 in or 173 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eden is married to Natasha Van Honacker. The couple have three children Yannis (b. December 19, 2010), Leo (b. February 2013), and Samy (b. September 2015).
Race / Ethnicity
- Standing at 5 ft 8 in
Eden’s body specifications may be –
- Chest – 38 in or 96.5 cm
- Arms / Biceps – 14 in or 35.5 cm
- Waist – 30 in or 76 cm
In 2012, Eden signed an endorsement deal with Nike.
Hazard has also appeared in a TV Advert for Match Attax, Lotus Bakeries, Samsung, and FIFA 15 Christmas version.
Best Known For
His creativity with the ball, his speed and quickness that makes him one of the best players in the world.
First Football Match
On September 1, 2007, Hazard debuted as an amateur in a match between Lille’s reserve team and Racing Club de France.
While he played for Lille, Eden had his professional debut in a league match against Nancy on November 24, 2007.
On July 18, 2012, he debuted for Chelsea in a pre-season friendly match against Seattle Sounders.
However, he had his official debut for Chelsea in a 3-2 loss against Manchester City on August 12, 2012.
As a part of Chelsea’s first team, Eden played his first Champions League game against Juventus.
His national team debut happened in a match between Belgium and Luxembourg in which Hazard came in as a substitute in the 67th minute of the game.
- Speed and Quickness
- Long shots
- Defensive contribution
- Holding the ball
- Weak build
Eden hasn’t acted in a film yet.
First TV Show
Other than football matches itself, he has not been seen in any TV show yet.
Eden is one of the quickest, fastest and most explosive midfielders of this era. He works really hard in the off-season and goes through some serious physical preparation of his body.
His workouts are mostly targeting his conditioning, agility, and quickness. On the other hand, Eden is not a huge fan of weight lifting exercises, but still he works on his body strength through a comprehensive program consisted of Olympic lifts, power lifts and a lot of core exercises. His frame (5 ft 8 in) is very advantageous for a player of his caliber because he can change directions quickly and that’s a huge threat for each team’s defense.
Last but not the least, Hazard’s skills and passing accuracy were not gained overnight, and despite his work ethic, he has been questioned many times. It’s obvious that Eden has spent thousands and thousands of hours practicing his ball skills.
Eden Hazard Favorite Things
- NBA Player – Carmelo Anthony
Source – Express.co.uk
Eden Hazard Facts
- Many times, Hazard has been compared with players such as Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi.
- He was raised in Braine-le-Comte, a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Hainaut.
- His father played in the Second Belgian Division. His main role was a defensive midfielder. On the other hand, his mother played in the first Belgian Women’s Division.
- Eden’s father Thierry retired from his job as a sports teacher in order to give more attention to his children.
- Hazard grew up in a very steady environment. He had everything he needed in order to excel and become a professional.
- As a kid, Eden and his brothers developed their skills on a football pitch, located no more than three meters from their home.
- Hazard started playing football when he was 4 at a local club called Royal Stade Brainois. His trainer at that time described Eden as a very gifted player and someone who already knew a lot when he first joined the team. He spent 8 years in the same club when he decided to move to Tubize.
- While playing for Tubize, he was scouted by Lille’s agents who offered him a youth contract. Eventually, his parents accepted the offer and stated that it was the best decision they’ve made because of the great training facilities and the opportunities the club had to offer to their son.
- In 2005, Eden got transferred to the youth categories of Lille. He signed his first professional contract on May 28, 2007.
- He scored his first professional goal on September 20, 2008 in a 3-2 win against Auxerre. Eden scored the equalizer in the 88th minute of the game after his team trailed 2-1. In the end, Lille managed to escape with a win, after scoring a goal in the injury time.
- Before the 2009-2010 season, Hazard was wanted by Arsenal, Manchester United, Barcelona, Real Madrid, and FC Internazionale. However, Eden decided to remain in Lille for one more year.
- On June 4, 2012, Eden signed a contract with the English club Chelsea worth 32 million British pounds.
- Eden played for U-17 and U-19 national teams.
- On November 18, 2008, Hazard was called to the senior national team of Belgium.
- Before he played his first game for the national team of Belgium, he was offered a French citizenship and an opportunity to play for France. However, Eden stated that despite he spent 7 years in France, he never felt he should get a French citizenship.
- Because of his talent and play style, many times Eden has been compared to the former Belgian international Enzo Scifo with whom he shares the same place of birth.
- Hazard was awarded the National Union of Professional Footballers (UNFP) Young Player of the Year in his first season as a starter. He won the same award in the 2009-2010 season and was placed in the first league’s Team of the Year.
- In the 2010-2011 season, Eden was nominated for the UNFP Ligue 1 Player of the Year award.
- For his performances during the 2010-2011 season, he received the Bravo Award by the Italian magazine Guerin Sportivo.
- While in Chelsea, Eden won the PFA Young Player of the Year award.
- In the 2014-2015 season, he earned the FWA Footballer of the Year and PFA Players’ Player of the Year awards.
- Follow Hazard on his Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook.