|Edward Sonnenblick Quick Info|
|Height||6 ft 2 in|
|Date of Birth||September 26, 1982|
Edward Sonnenblick is an American actor, voice artist, host, and comedian who is widely known for having appeared in several Indian films including Manikarnika: The Queen of Jhansi (2019) and starred in numerous TV shows like Inside Edge (2017).
Southern California, United States
He went to Humboldt State University graduating from there with a BS in Botany.
Actor, Host, Voice Artist, Comedian
6 ft 2 in or 188 cm
80 kg or 176.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
He has dated –
- Sonal Mehta (2008-Present) – He married freelance creative director Sonal Mehta in June 2009, having met her a year before that. The pair has a son.
Race / Ethnicity
- Sharp features
- Wart on his right cheek
- Tall stature
He has endorsed or promoted several brands such as Bingo.
Edward Sonnenblick Favorite Things
- Street Food – Pav Bhaji of Mumbai
Source – Instagram
Edward Sonnenblick Facts
- He grew up in the San Francisco Bay Area of the United States.
- Edward has recollected that as a kid, he was the serious, studious type, and was not socially skilled. He was always minding his own business, was a teacher’s favorite and would dabble in a variety of aspects that included sports, music, and writing.
- By the time he acquired a degree, he was already making a living as a cook. He had worked as a natural foods chef in Northern California for 15 years having enjoyed cooking all kinds of cuisines for retreats. He had liked acting, but never dared of thinking of going to Hollywood as he had known it takes a lot of luck as well as skill to succeed there. He had hoped cooking would take over the craving for acting in him, but the film bug never truly left him.
- Sonnenblick got hugely inspired by the 2001 Hindi movie Lagaan.
- He visited India in 2005 in order to do a two-week course at the Vipassana International Academy in Igatpuri, Nashik.
- Edward has revealed that prior to coming to India, he had been obsessed with a lot of 1960s-1970s Bollywood films and he had loved the vibe in them. He had a rather idealized, dreamy perception of Bollywood while he had simultaneously known the reality was going to be different. He went on living in the dreamy worlds of those movies and got delighted upon coming to India, and finding everything as he had expected it to be. He happily noticed people in India really love the industry and he saw that he could easily make friends if he sang a Bollywood song.
- Sonnenblick has stated that when he came to India, he tried to experience as much as he could including traveling across the country and doing a lot of meditation. When he went back to the United States, all that he was doing was figuring out a way to return to India and settle down there permanently.
- He got so stirred by the spiritual, culinary, cultural, as well as cinematic traditions of India, that he learned Hindi and relocated to Mumbai in 2008 to try out his luck in acting. He soon became well known to Indian audiences for his parts as British colonial characters in period movies and series, where he has often spoken fluently in Hindi.
Featured Image by Edward Sonnenblick / Instagram