|Enner Valencia Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 4, 1989|
Enner Valencia is an Ecuadorian professional soccer player who has represented, as a forward/winger, C.S. Emelec (2010-2013) in Ecuador, C.F. Pachuca (2013-2014) & Tigres UANL (2017-2020) in Mexico, West Ham United F.C. (2014-2017) in England, and Fenerbahçe S.K. (2020-Present) in Turkey. Between 2016 and 2017, he also spent a loan spell with Everton F.C. in England. With C.S. Emelec, he won the Ecuadorian Serie A (the highest level of professional soccer in Ecuador) title in 2013. This was the club’s first such title since 2002. With Tigres UANL, he won the Liga MX: Apertura title in 2017 and the Liga MX: Clausura title in 2019. Liga MX is the top professional soccer division in Mexico and holds 2 tournaments per year – Apertura and Clausura. Both tournaments follow the same format – 17 games per team in a single round-robin format followed by double-legged quarter-finals, double-legged semi-finals, and a double-legged final. With the club, he also won the Campeones Cup in 2018. At the international level, Enner has represented Ecuador, making his senior national debut in February 2012. As of November 2022, he had scored 38 goals for Ecuador’s senior national team and was the country’s all-time top goalscorer. He had also scored the most number of goals (6) for Ecuador at the FIFA World Cup by this time – 3 in 2014 and 3 in 2022.
Enner Remberto Valencia Lastra
San Lorenzo, Esmeraldas, Ecuador
He splits his time between Ecuador and İstanbul, Marmara, Turkey.
Professional Soccer Player
- Father – Remberto Valencia
- Mother – Bolivia Lastra
- Siblings – Erci Valencia (Sister), Ericka Valencia (Sister)
He has been represented by SportCapital Football Agency, Talent Management Firm, Samborondón, Guayas, Ecuador.
- 22, 13 – Ecuador
- 14, 7 – C.S. Emelec
- 14 – C.F. Pachuca
- 31, 11 – West Ham United F.C.
- 19 – Everton F.C.
- 13 – Tigres UANL, Fenerbahçe S.K.
Enner Valencia’s net worth had been $5 million according to CelebrityNetWorth.com.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
74 kg or 163 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Enner has dated –
- Sinthyia Pinargote Chumo – Through his past marriage to a woman named Sinthyia Pinargote Chumo, Enner has a daughter named Beira. In October 2016, a warrant was issued for his arrest in Ecuador, over unpaid child support. It was later revoked. Enner responded by stating that his partner was trying to ruin his image and prevent him from keeping in touch with Beira. He even went on to allege that Sinthyia would use the alimony to buy luxury items.
- Sharon Escobar (2009-Present) – Enner began dating an Ecuadorian former model named Sharon Escobar in 2009 and the couple got married in 2010. They have 3 children together – 2 daughters named Amelia and Annalia, and a son named David.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of Afro-Ecuadorian descent.
- Toned physique
- Close-cropped hair
- Sports a thick beard
Enner Valencia Facts
- Enner started his youth career in 2005 with a club called Caribe Junior. In 2008, he joined the youth system of C.S. Emelec, an Ecuadorian professional soccer club based in Guayaquil (the second largest city in Ecuador and the nation’s main port) that plays in the Ecuadorian Serie A. He joined the club’s senior team in 2010.
- Hailing from a poor family, Enner had to sleep in the rudimentary lodgings of the Estadio George Capwell (a multi-purpose stadium in Guayaquil that is the home stadium of C.S. Emelec) when he first joined the club. This was because he did not have the money to stay anywhere else. In his early days there, he even used to often struggle to buy enough food to eat.
- While representing the senior team of C.S. Emelec (2010-2013), he won the ‘Golden Boot’ (top goalscorer) award in the 2013 edition of the Copa Sudamericana (the second-most prestigious club competition in South American soccer).
- While representing C.F. Pachuca (2013-2014), Enner won the ‘Golden Boot’ award in the 2014 edition of Liga MX: Clausura.
- While representing Tigres UANL (2017-2020), he finished as the runner-up in the 2019 edition of the CONCACAF Champions League, an annual continental club soccer competition organized by CONCACAF (Confederation of North, Central America, and Caribbean Association Football), one of the 6 constituent continental governing bodies of FIFA (Fédération Internationale de Football Association). With 7 goals to his name, he won the tournament’s ‘Golden Boot’ award and was also included in the ‘Team of the Tournament’
- In August 2020, Erci Valencia, Enner’s sister, was kidnapped by an armed gang in San Lorenzo, Ecuador. She was held for 10 days but was ultimately released, unharmed. More than 5 people were arrested over the incident and it was later revealed that her kidnappers were planning to ask for a ransom of USD 2 million.
Featured Image by Enner Valencia / Instagram