|Eric Close Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||May 24, 1967|
Eric Randolph Close
Staten Island, New York, United States
New York, United States
In 1985, Eric completed his high school from Valhalla High School in El Cajon, California.
In 1989, he completed his Bachelor of Arts in Communications from the University of Southern California in Los Angeles, California.
Film and Television Actor
- Father – Frederick Close (Orthopedic Surgeon)
- Mother – Eva Close (Artist)
- Siblings – Christopher Close (Younger Brother), Randy Close (Younger Brother)
He is managed by Untitled Entertainment.
5 ft 11 in or 180 cm
76 kg or 167½ pounds
Girlfriend / Spouse
Eric Close dated –
- Keri Close (1995-Present) – Close and Keri tied the knot in 1995 and live happily together. The couple has two daughters, Katie Close (b. October 1998) and Ella Close (b. April 2001).
Race / Ethnicity
- Charismatic personality
- God-fearing man
- Mesmerizing smile
In 1993, Eric Close appeared in a TV commercial for the American Dairy Association.
Eric and his wife Keri are Brentwood Presbyterian Church members.
Best Known For
Some of Eric’s best-known works include the TV series Dark Skies from 1996 to 1997, The Magnificent Seven from 1998 to 2000, Now and Again from 1999 to 2000, and as FBI agent Martin Fitzgerald in the CBS TV series Without a Trace from 2002 to 2009.
His acting debut was in the 1992 biographical crime drama film American Me as the Juvie Hall Attacker. This was the first movie for which he was credited.
Before that, he had only appeared in the TV film Keeping Secrets in 1991.
First TV Show
His first television show was ABC’s action-adventure series MacGyver in 1991 in which he played the role of a guard in “The Prometheus Syndrome” episode.
First Stage Appearance
His first stage appearance was in the Rat Songs theater production in L.A.
Eric Close believes that he is no superhero, but he exercises daily for two hours and consumes protein drinks to maintain his fit body.
He has a sweet tooth and gives in to Dove chocolate and candies sometimes but usually, he avoids fatty food.
Eric Close Favorite Things
- Sport – Rock climbing, snow skiing, tennis, golf, sailing, surfing, scuba diving, and fly-fishing
- Hobby – Reading historical fiction books
- Candy – Butterfinger
Eric Close Facts
- The Close family first moved to Indiana and Michigan and later settled in San Diego when the actor was seven-years-old.
- Eric had an inclination towards acting and filmmaking since childhood but his acting career began only after he completed his studies. He did some stage shows during college.
- While giving autographs, Eric often quotes Philippians 4:13. The verse is “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.”
- From June 26-30, 2006, Eric volunteered for the Literacy Site.
- In 2007, Eric became the director of the Directors Guild of America Award (DGA).