|Ethan Embry Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||June 13, 1978|
Ethan Embry is an American film and TV actor who started his career at the age of 13 by appearing in the romantic comedy film, Defending Your Life. He is known for playing various roles such as Pete Murphy in Sneaky Pete, Agent Toby Grant in Eagle Eye, Preston Meyers in Can’t Hardly Wait, Greg Mendell in Once Upon a Time, and Declan Giggs on the Showtime TV series, Brotherhood. He has also appeared as Coyote in the web-series, Grace and Frankie. He is active on social media where he has more than 45k followers on Twitter and over 40k followers on Instagram.
Ethan Philan Randall
Huntington Beach, California, United States
California, United States
- Father – H. Charles Randall (Dental Technician)
- Mother – Karen (Screenwriter and Talent Manager)
- Siblings – Aaron Embry (Older Brother) (Music Producer, Musician), Kessia (Younger Sister) (Photographer)
- Others – Cecil Clyde Randall (Paternal Grandfather), Mary Louise French (Paternal Grandmother), John William Embry (Maternal Grandfather), Sandra Mae Gardiner (Maternal Grandmother)
He is represented by Agency for the Performing Arts (Talent and Literary Agency), Beverly Hills, California, United States.
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
73 kg or 161 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Ethan has dated –
- Amelinda Smith (1998-2002) – Ethan and actress Amelinda Smith started dating in 1998. The couple got married on November 14, 1998. They have a child named Cogeian Sky who was born in December 1999. However, they separated in 2002 before officially getting a divorce in the same year.
- Katharine Towne (2002-2003) – Ethan started dating actress Katharine Towne in 2002. They dated for almost a year. It was reported that the couple even got engaged in 2002. However, they eventually drifted apart and separated in 2003.
- Sunny Mabrey (2003-2012, 2013-Present) – Embry started dating actress Sunny Mabrey in 2003. After dating for 2 years, the couple got married on July 17, 2005. However, Sunny filed for divorce on July 25, 2012, due to incompatible differences. But, somehow, in 2013, Embry and Mabrey started dating again and got remarried in 2015. They can be seen together in many of his Instagram posts as well.
Race / Ethnicity
He is of English descent and has a small amount of German and Irish ancestry.
Light Brown (Natural)
He prefers to dye his hair ‘dark brown’.
- Bright green eyes
- Golden brown beard
- Long chin
He has appeared in Infiniti QX60 TV Commercial, Vacation, in 2015.
Best Known For
- Playing various roles such as Pete Murphy in Sneaky Pete, Agent Toby Grant in Eagle Eye, Preston Meyers in Can’t Hardly Wait, Greg Mendell in Once Upon a Time, and Declan Giggs on the Showtime TV series, Brotherhood
- Appearing as Coyote in Grace and Frankie on Netflix and for guest appearing as Carter in an episode of AMC’s The Walking Dead
As a Singer
Ethan has contributed to songs like This Is War and Hit Me with Your Best Shot in 2011 and 2004, respectively.
He made his theatrical film debut as Steve in the comedy-drama fantasy film, Defending Your Life, in 1991.
First TV Show
Ethan made his first TV show appearance on the crime drama series, Drug Wars: The Camarena Story, in 1990.
The actor was previously addicted to heroin and painkillers and it took him around 6 years to get rid of his addictions. During his journey to sobriety, he adapted some good habits and one of them was reviving his love for fitness.
In 2017, Ethan revealed his enthusiasm for fitness, especially CrossFit training, which played a major role in his journey towards recovery from drug addiction. He really enjoys doing it on a regular basis.
Ethan Embry Facts
- Ethan began acting when he was only 12 years old.
- He used to do gymnastics during his youth. Therefore, during filming, he is able to perform stunts on his own for most of the times.
- At the age of 10, Embry ranked 6th in a gymnastics tournament organized by the U.S. Gymnastics Federation.
- In 1997, he became the 4th actor to portray Rusty Griswold with the film, Vegas Vacation.
- In 1992, Ethan worked as a producer and assistant director for the short film, A Dog and His Boy.
Featured Image by Ethan Embry / Instagram