|Faye Brookes Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 4 in|
|Date of Birth||September 3, 1987|
Faye Brookes is an English actress who rose to fame after playing the recurring role of Kate Connor in the TV show Coronation Street (2015–2019). She has appeared in several other programs on the small screen including Our Zoo (2014) where she portrayed the part of Frankie and has starred in a number of reality shows like The Chase (2016) in which she participated as a contestant. Faye has a background in musical theatre as the leading lady in numerous musicals in the West End including Shrek and Legally Blonde. She is the recipient of many awards including the National Television Awards for “Best Newcomer” in 2017.
Faye Alicia Barber
Stretford, Trafford, Greater Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
She attended the Guildford School of Acting in Guildford in England, graduating in 2010, after acquiring a Bachelor of Arts degree in Musical Theatre and being awarded the Principal’s Choice Award.
- Father – Carl Barber (Oil rig worker)
- Mother – Inger (Holistic Therapist)
- Siblings – Jack (Younger Brother)
5 ft 4 in or 162.5 cm
52 kg 114.5 lbs
Boyfriend / Spouse
Faye has dated –
- Gareth Gates (2012-2018) – Faye was in a relationship with Pop Idol winner Gareth Gates for 6 years. However, in October 2018 the couple made a shock declaration that they were splitting up.
- Joe Davies – Faye started dating Joe Davies in 2019. They broke up after some time.
- Iwan Lewis (2022-Present) – She started dating theatre director Iwan Lewis in 2022. The couple got engaged in January 2023 and tied the knot in August 2023.
Race / Ethnicity
She is of English descent.
- Large and expressive eyes
- Cheerful smile
She has endorsed or promoted several brands such as The Big Bakes.
Faye Brookes Favorite Things
- Passion – Running as she has claimed that doing so has always cleared her head, having completed a 5k for charity and the Macmillan Run in 2017 in honor of her brother who suffered from leukemia when he was small
- Belief – It is wise to try to stay fit and healthy that comes from knowing that we only get one life and so need to take care of our body and feel great from the inside out
Source – Entertainment Daily
Faye Brookes Facts
- She was raised in Flixton.
- She has been a co-principal at the performing arts school named The Fates Academy that she has run along with her previous fiancé Gareth Gates where they have given lessons and encouraged the next generation of acting and musical talent in Manchester. The academy has taught drama, dancing, and singing to children aged 4 to 16, and the institution has been based at Media City in Salford.
- Apart from acting, Faye is also a talented singer. In 2017, she had performed live on stage with Gareth at a Manchester fundraising ball singing Swept Away as her then-boyfriend accompanied her on the guitar.
- She has been proud and happy to have become a gay icon after playing the lesbian character of Kate Connor on-screen. Her role brought her a lot of attention from the gay community and she has been grateful that they were so supportive and had embraced her so completely.
Featured Image by Faye Alicia Brookes / Instagram