|Fernando Poe Jr. Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||August 20, 1939|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
Fernando Poe Jr. was a Filipino actor, director, writer, producer, and politician who is remembered for his successful career as an action hero who gained critical acclaim for his performances in movies like Mga Alabok sa Lupa, Asedillo, Durugin si Totoy Bato, Umpisahan Mo, and Tatapusin Ko. Apart from that, his political ventures included contesting in the 2004 Philippine presidential election in which he lost to then-President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Ronald Allan Kelley Poe
Fernando Poe Jr., Da King, Ronnie, FPJ, Ronwaldo Reyes, King of Philippine Movies
He was born on August 20, 1939.
Fernando Poe Jr. passed away on December 14, 2004, at the age of 65 after suffering from a cerebral thrombosis with multiple organ failure in Quezon City, Philippines.
Manila North Cemetery, Santa Cruz, Manila, Philippines
Manila, Commonwealth of the Philippines
Fernando Poe Jr. attended San Beda College and then got enrolled at San Sebastian College. Afterward, he also attended the Mapua Institute of Technology as well as the University of the East and studied Theater Arts.
Actor, Voiceover Artist, Director, Producer, Writer, Politician
- Father – Fernando Poe Sr. (born Allan Fernando Poe y Reyes) (Actor, Director, Producer, Writer)
- Mother – Elizabeth “Bessie” Kelley
- Siblings – Elizabeth (Liz) (Sister), Genevieve (Jenny) (Sister), Fredrick (Freddieboy) (Brother), Evangeline (Sister), Andy Poe (Younger Brother) (Actor)
- Others – Conrad Poe (Paternal Half-Brother) (Actor)
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fernando Poe Jr. had dated –
- Anna Marin – The couple had a son named Ronian.
- Rowena Moran – Their romance resulted in the birth of their daughter named Lourdes Virginia (a.k.a Lovi Poe) on February 11, 1989.
- Susan Roces (1968-2004) – He married actress Susan Roces in December 1968 and the duo remained together until his death in 2004. The duo also adopted a daughter named Grace Poe.
Race / Ethnicity
Mixed (Hispanic and White)
Fernando Poe Jr. was of Spanish descent on his father’s side and had Irish-American roots on his mother’s side.
- Stocky frame
Fernando Poe Jr. Facts
- His parents weren’t married at the time of his birth and got married only around after a year.
- It was his brother Andy who was given the name “Fernando Poe II” at the time of his birth but Poe later used it as his own professional name to profit from his father’s legacy. The brothers were also seen together in a couple of projects like Dos por dos, Isa para sa lahat, lahat para sa isa, Matimbang ang dugo sa tubig, Alamat ng 7 kilabot, and Gising na… ang higanteng natutulog.
- His father died of rabies at the age of 35 and with his death, the responsibilities of the family fell on Poe’s shoulders.
- His best friend was former Philippine President Joseph Estrada.
- Poe was honored as a National Artist of the Philippines for Film posthumously on May 23, 2006, by Former President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo.
Featured Image by Philippine Postal Corporation / Government of the Philippines / Public Domain