|Fionn Whitehead Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 9 in|
|Date of Birth||July 18, 1997|
Fionn Whitehead is a talented English actor. He is best recognized for making his theatrical film debut as Christopher Nolan’s main protagonist in Dunkirk in 2017. Fionn has also played a terminally ill 17-year-old Adam Henry in Richard Eyre’s The Children Act. He also received a London Film Critics Circle Awards 2017 nomination for ‘Young British /Irish Performer of the Year’ for his performance in Dunkirk.
Richmond Upon Thames, Surrey, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Fionn Whitehead studied at Orleans Park School, in the Twickenham area of London. Later, he attended the Richmond College, in Twickenham, London. He also did a summer course at the National Youth Theatre in London.
- Father – Tim Whitehead (Jazz Musician)
- Mother – Linda Whitehead
- Siblings – Maisie Whitehead (Older Sister) (Dancer & Performer), Hattie Whitehead (Older Sister) (Musician), Sonny Whitehead (Younger Brother)
Fionn Whitehead is managed by –
- Curtis Brown Group Ltd., Talent Agency, London, United Kingdom
- United Talent Agency, Talent Agency, Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 ft 9 in or 175 cm
65 kg or 143 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Fionn Whitehead has rarely spoken about his personal life in his interactions with the media, which makes it difficult for us to ascertain anything about his dating history and love life.
Race / Ethnicity
- Has a mole on the right side of his chin
- Sharp jawline
Fionn Whitehead has not endorsed any brand yet.
Best Known For
- His numerous versatile roles including a miniseries Him (2016), as Christopher Nolan’s main protagonist in Dunkirk (2017), and as a 17-year-old boy who has Leukemia in The Children Act (2017)
In 2017, he made his theatrical film debut in the historical action drama film, Dunkirk, as Tommy.
First TV Show
In 2016, he made his first TV show appearance in the fantasy drama mini-series, Him.
Fionn Whitehead was made to undergo a special training for his role as Tommy in the film, Dunkirk (2017). He was trained by 5 stuntmen who took him through his physical training aspect preparing him for the role. Fionn jogged on the beach, swam in the sea in battle gear, and also had to carry stretchers that had a 60-pound dummy on it.
Fionn Whitehead Facts
- His parents named him after the Irish folk legend, Fionn mac Cumhaill.
- His name ‘Fionn’ is pronounced “Finn”.
- When he was younger, he wanted to be a guitarist, a rugby player, and a break-dancer.
- At 13, he started acting at the Orange Tree Theatre.
- In 2012, as an aspiring musician, he performed “Waiting…” by City and Colour at a Christmas concert.
- Earlier, he used to work at a coffee shop in Waterloo, London.
- He has worked in Glenn Waldron’s stage play, Natives.
- He was voted as one of the Screen International’s Stars of Tomorrow in 2016.
- Christopher Nolan had compared Fionn to a young version of actor Tom Courtenay.
- Follow Fionn Whitehead on Twitter and Instagram.
Featured Image by ScreenSlam / YouTube