If only getting a shapely tummy was a piece of cake! With these 5-minute workouts you may finally get one.
Everyone wants a trim tummy but no one wants to exhaust themselves at the gym. It is the same as – everyone wants to go to heaven but no one wants to die. I have come across many who would rather use home remedies than exercises to lose body fat and get in better shape. You may have seen results, good results for that matter, but nothing brings results of permanent nature as excellently as a regular exercise routine.
Some exercises work better than others. While a few of them work bang on! If a bulgy tummy is your problem then we suggest you target it first! Unwanted belly fat is not just unattractive but it may also affect your confidence. A bigger belly trumpets risk of various lifestyle diseases like blood pressure and diabetes. Why stress-sweat instead of sweating the stress of?! Here are five 5 minute exercises that can slim down your girdle in a fast and shapely manner.
- Spot Jumping – Even gym goers swear upon this one. The secret lies in doing many sets. You need to begin with a minimum of 50 spot jumps in one set. If your stamina allows it, begin with 3 sets of 50 spot jumps in a day, otherwise stick to just one set for a week before you increase your reps. Each set can be done in under a 2 minutes time. If you determine yourself to build enough strength to do 4 to 5 sets, which can be done in just 5 minutes, then you shall most certainly have an enviable tummy in no time. You need to make sure that when you jump you do not put pressure on your ankle. You must come back on your paws and spring upwards to continue jumping.
- Lay back Cycling – Literally! – For this, you need to lie down on your back and fold both your legs together such that your knees are pointing straight up to the floor. Begin working your legs in such a manner as if you are driving a bicycle. You need to keep your arms well rested parallel to your chest. If you are a beginner you may not be able to do more than 10 bicycling revolutions in one time. Go slow as you start this exercise. You need to do 3 sets of lay back cycling with each set of one minute duration to get best results.
- Standing Twists – If you are looking for an exercise to shape your tummy this is the one. Stand straight and hold out your arms. Fold them to bring both your hands in an open palm position parallel to your chest. Spread your legs such that your feet are in alignment of your shoulders. Reserving the position of your arms versus your chest move your waist to the left and as back as you may go. Swing twist to the extreme right continuing as far as you can. Continue to swing to extreme left and extreme right for at least 70 twists. You may complete these easily within 5 minutes. This exercise trims your tummy from the sides and gives it a beautiful shape. Highly recommended workout for ladies looking for a chiseled belly.
- Skipping – In the childhood, we have all experienced the joys of skipping. It is a great workout. Much like spot jumping, but better. Since skipping involves a little bit of your arm and shoulder workout you may safely say that it partially qualifies to be a cheat workout. Stay slim by skipping away all your fat. Skipping not only shakes away the belly weight really fast it also provides you with an overall workout in just 5 minutes. Since skipping demands mind and body workout you shall feel more active after skipping. Try various forms of skipping and see great toning results in your body.
- Padahastasana – The classic yoga asana that drastically reduces tummy size. For this, you need to stand straight with your spine erect and heels touching each other. Take a deep breath and raise your hands upwards. Don’t be a slouch. Bend forward as you inhale slowly and touch the feet with your hands. You may not be able to reach the feet due to large belly but for the starters try to reach as far as possible.
Always attempt these exercises empty stomach. Cut down on processed foods and refined sugar for a month while you practice these.