|G. Dep Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 10 in|
|Date of Birth||November 19, 1974|
G. Dep is an American rapper who has published the studio albums Child of the Ghetto (2001) and Ghetto Legend (2010).
Trevell Gerald Coleman
G. Dep (Ghetto Dependent)
Harlem, Manhattan, New York City, New York, United States
New York, United States
Rap, Hip Hop
- Bad Boy Records
- Famous Records
5 ft 10 in or 178 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
G. Dep has dated –
- Crystal Sutton
- Laticia Coleman (2017-Present)
Race / Ethnicity
He is of African-American descent.
- Mildly stocky frame
- Sports a thin mustache
G. Dep Facts
- G. Dep’s career in the music industry had started in the mid-1990s. He had released 2 vinyls (in 1995 and 1996) with the record label Tape Kingz.
- His career breakthrough came in 1998 when through an acquaintance with the renowned rapper Sean Combs, he had landed a contract with Bad Boy Records that was worth USD 350k. The following year, he had been featured in 2 songs on rapper Black Rob‘s debut album Life Story.
- Not long after the release of his debut solo album Child of the Ghetto in 2001, he had been dropped from Bad Boy Records. In 2007, as a diss, he had co-released an independent album titled Bad Boy.
- In an interview in the mid-2000s, he had revealed that he had once been convicted of robbery and had even served some time in Rikers Island, home to one of the world’s largest correctional institutions and mental institutions. It later came to light that his criminal rap sheet had also included multiple arrests for drug offenses, burglary, and grand larceny.
- In the mid-2000s, he had also become addicted to PCP (phenyl cyclohexyl piperidine) aka angel dust, a dissociative hallucinogenic drug used for its mind-altering effects. He had subsequently undergone rehabilitation.
- In December 2010, he had confessed to a cold case crime, a murder of a man named John Henkel in October 1993. He had surrendered to the local police and had been arrested. It was reported that he had tried to confess at least twice before, but his statement was dismissed each time as he had been considered to be under the influence of drugs.
- John had been shot in the chest by a .40-caliber handgun by G. Dep who had ambushed the victim during an attempted robbery. After the incident, he had fled the scene and had thrown the gun in a river. More than 17 years after the incident, post his confession, G. Dep had been arrested for that crime. He was later produced in court and was charged with murder.
- During the hearing, in January 2011, he had pleaded not guilty to second-degree murder. He was, however, convicted of the second-degree murder charge in April 2011 after which he was sentenced to 15-years to life in prison on May 8, 2011. He was moved to the Fishkill Correctional Facility, a multi-security level prison in New York, where he had revealed that he had confessed to the crime all these years later because the memories of the incident were weighing heavily on him and driving him mad.
Featured Image by G. Dep / Instagram