|Gérard Depardieu Quick Info|
|Height||5 ft 11 in|
|Date of Birth||December 27, 1948|
Gérard Depardieu is a French actor, filmmaker, and businessman who has had a very successful career in the entertainment industry with him accomplishing several great feats and having been a part of more than 170 films since 1967. Over the years, Depardieu has been a recipient of many esteemed awards like Golden Globe Award, London Critics Circle Film Award, and Cesar Award and has also been honored as a Chevalier of the Légion d’honneur and Chevalier of the Ordre national du Mérite.
Gérard Xavier Marcel Depardieu
Châteauroux, Indre, France
He attended École d’art dramatique and his classmates included actress Claude Jade and actor Alain Doutey.
Actor, Producer, Director, Businessman, Vineyard Owner, Voiceover Artist
- Father – René Maxime Lionel Depardieu (Metal Worker and Volunteer Fireman)
- Mother – Anne Jeanne Josèphe (née Marillier)
- Siblings – Alain Depardieu (Older Brother) (Director, Producer), Franck Depardieu (Brother), Eric Depardieu (Brother)
- Others – Louis Depardieu (Paternal Grandfather), Auguste Depardieu (Paternal Great Grandfather), Marie Justine Augustine Guilbaud (Paternal Great Grandmother), Émilienne Célestine Désirée Foulatier (Paternal Grandmother), Silvain Foulatier (Paternal Great Grandfather), Amélie Nouhant (Paternal Great Grandmother), Xavier Charles Marillier (Maternal Grandfather), Marius Xavier Marillier (Maternal Great Grandfather), Marie Lucie Brunet (Maternal Great Grandmother), Suzanne Joséphine Lançon (Maternal Grandmother), Joseph Ulysse Lançon (Maternal Great Grandfather), Marie Virginie Gros (Maternal Great Grandmother)
Gérard Depardieu is represented by Voyez Mon Agent, Talent Agency, Paris, France.
5 ft 11 in or 180.5 cm
95 kg or 209.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Gérard Depardieu has dated –
- Élisabeth Guignot (1970-1996) – He got married to actress, writer, and co-producer, Élisabeth Guignot, in the year 1970 and the duo was blessed with 2 children – actor Guillaume Depardieu (1971–2008) and actress Julie Depardieu (b. 1973). However, after having been in a relationship for so many years, they officially parted ways in 1996.
- Nastassja Kinski (1983) – It was also rumored that he had a short-termed romance with German actress Nastassja Kinski in 1983.
- Karine Silla (1991) – In 1991, he started going out with model Karine Silla and they were blessed with a daughter named Roxanne Depardieu.
- Carole Bouquet (1997-2005) – Gérard Depardieu began a relationship with actress and fashion model, Carole Bouquet after he divorced Élisabeth Guignot in 1996 and Carole and Gérard Depardieu remained together until the year 2005.
- Hélène Bizot – He also had romantic ties with French-Cambodian Hélène Bizot (daughter of anthropologist François Bizot) and the couple had a son named Jean.
- Clémentine Igou (2005-Present) – In 2005, Depardieu began a relationship with Clémentine Igou and the duo has been together ever since.
Race / Ethnicity
Gérard Depardieu is or French descent.
- Bulbous nose
- Deep-set eyes
Gérard Depardieu has done endorsement work for –
- Barilla Pasta Products (TV Commercial) (2001)
- Ile flottante Senoble (TV Commercial) (2002)
Gérard Depardieu Facts
- He was granted Russian citizenship via an Executive Order signed by President Vladimir Putin on January 3, 2013.
- Gérard Depardieu is fluent in Italian.
- He has been friends with John Travolta, Robert De Niro, and Cuban leader Fidel Castro.
- He is a fine winemaker and has vineyards in France, Italy, Argentina, Morocco, and Algeria.
- In February 2021, he was charged with rape and s*xual assault after allegedly committing the acts in 2018 against an actress named Charlotte Arnould. However, Gérard denied all the accusations and claimed that he was innocent. The investigation first began in August 2018 but the charges were later dropped due to lack of evidence. However, the case was reopened in 2020 and he was placed under investigation in December 2020.
- In April 2023, it was revealed that 13 other women had also claimed that they were subjected to s*xually inappropriate gestures or proposals by Gérard in the past.
Featured Image by Siebbi / ipernity.com / CC BY 3.0