|Glen Power Quick Info|
|Date of Birth||July 5, 1978|
Glen Power is a talented Irish musician. He is recognized as the drummer of the Irish pop alternative rock band The Script. He has been playing drums since the age of 8. Glen is known for his contribution to hit songs like Hall of Fame, If You Could See Me Now, Before the Worst, Breakeven, For the First Time, Freedom Child, Arms Open, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, and Superheroes, among others. He is an avid supporter of the Irish charity organization, Headway.
Glen Joseph Power
- Dublin, Ireland
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Siblings – He has a brother who is also a musician.
Glen Power can be reached through Hall or Nothing Management, James Grant Group Ltd., Music Artist Management Company, London, United Kingdom.
Pop, Soft Rock, Pop Rock, Alternative Rock
Drums, Percussion, Bass, Guitar, Backing Vocals
- Phonogenic Records
- Epic Records
- RCA Records
- Columbia Records
6 ft or 183 cm
75 kg or 165.5 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
Glen Power has dated
- Morgan Deane (2018–Present) – In 2018, Glen started dating Irish born singer Morgan Deane who was previously married to South African cricket player, Graeme Smith. Their relationship came to light after Morgan shared some pictures of the two of them on her Instagram account.
- Previously, Glen has dated an American girl for about 4 years. He, however, has refused to reveal her name protecting her desire to stay away from public scrutiny. Glen also has a son named Luke.
Race / Ethnicity
- Wears tiny studs on his ears
- Has tattoos on his arms
Best Known For
Being the original member and drummer of the Irish pop alternative rock band The Script since 2001 and performing hit numbers like Hall of Fame, If You Could See Me Now, Before the Worst, Breakeven, For the First Time, Freedom Child, Arms Open, Man On a Wire, The Man Who Can’t Be Moved, and Superheroes, among others
On August 8, 2008, Glen as a part of the band The Script came out with a self-titled debut album The Script through Phonogenic Records in Ireland. Following the album’s success, it was later released in Europe in September 2008. The album which had 10 original songs topped the UK charts.
First TV Show
In 2008, he made his first TV show appearance on the talk show Loose Women as a member of The Script band.
Glen Power Favorite Things
- Karaoke Tune – Frank Sinatra, Bobby Darin’s “Mack the Knife”
- Songwriter – George Michael
- Song To Sing In Shower – The Bee Gees song
- Band – U2
- Season – Summer
- Song To Play – Breakeven
Glen Power Facts
- At the age of 8, he started playing the drums.
- In school, he and his friends started a society called T.F.A.T.A.J (The Federation against Truth and Justice), where they would write anonymous stories about teachers and paste them all over the school.
- At the age of 15, he took professional drum lessons with Jacques Metoudi and Conor Guilfoyle in Newpark Music Centre.
- By the age of 16, he began playing drums professionally with bands.
- He worked in an office where his job was to scan files the whole day.
- If he could share dinner with anybody, he would want to have it with Jesus.
- If he weren’t in a band, he would have tried to be an astronaut.
- One film he can watch over and over again is The Green Mile (1999).
- He prefers vanilla more than chocolate.
- He considers himself more of a dog person.
- Glen is a night owl.
- He is an avid supporter of the Irish charity organization Headway, which provides support to victims of head injuries.
- Visit his band’s official website @ www.thescriptmusic.com.
- He is not active on social media.
Featured Image by Glen Power / Instagram